Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, but..

Successful install, just follow the guide and you can't go wrong..GA-Z77x-UP5 TH with Core i7 3770K 3.5ghz,NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB. Everything seems to be working great. Wait..Just found a problem with audio. The audio seems to be cutting out periodically.. Any ideas? Using onboard audio.

Success with upgrade to 10.9 onto my test drive per these instructions! Hardware specs can be seen in my profile but for a quick reference, MB is a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI w/ a i7-3770K and 16G Corsair Vengeance RAM. Unit is more or less built to Giacomoleopardo's Golden Build except I'm not using a DSDT, am using a SSDT to support a 4.3GHz overclock. Have also increased HD4000 VRAM to 2G via mod to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri. I still need to sort a pop in my sound (Antipop isn't working), get my 10.8.5 data moved over for testing then a final move to my Fusion Drive once that's all OK.

Cheers,

Bill

Success with upgrade to 10.9 onto my test drive per these instructions! &nbsp;Hardware specs can be seen in my profile but for a quick reference, MB is a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI w/ a i7-3770K and 16G Corsair Vengeance RAM. &nbsp;Unit is more or less built to Giacomoleopardo's Golden Build except I'm not using a DSDT, am using a SSDT to support a 4.3GHz overclock. Have also increased HD4000 VRAM to 2G via mod to&nbsp;AppleIntelFramebufferCapri. I still need to sort a pop in my sound (Antipop isn't working), get my 10.8.5 data moved over for testing then a final move to my Fusion Drive once that's all OK.&nbsp;<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Bill

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

iMessage not working ;(

Upgraded Yesterday to mavericks. IMessage wasnt working after upgrade, started working today.... I have a gb ds3h, I used Chameleon Wizard SMBIOS TAB to generate a serial, I am using a mac 3.1 profile, checked the order of network devices in settings and made sure ethernet was first, deleted the file nvram 1.1.3 (w/mlion 1.1.3 was working) and put 1.1.2 in the extras folder, deleted the nvram*.plist in the extras folder. rebooted this time with storks UseKernelCache=No at boot screen. Was able to facetime and Imessage this time. used most of the methods from this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...hooting-imessage-login-issues.html#post669128 post 86/87 by stork and tony...

thanks my dudes.

No Luck here .... After getting the Chimera Boot Screen and selecting the Mavericks Installer/Logo I'm getting the grey Apple screen with the Apple logo and the rotating ring below it, but the screen then just turns black. I tried various Boot options such as:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUIS=1 or =0 and npci-0x3000 but it doesn't change anything. I always get to the grey screen but can't get to the next step the installer screen. Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 with i7 Sandybridge and GeForce GTX 570 2560 MB

No luck here. I'm getting the black screen after boot completes - as do several others.

I have an AsRock P55 Pro, NV 470GTX and an Intel i7.

Tried with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=No' npci's and all the usual flags you'd normally try in pretty much all configurations. With GE=Yes it recognises the graphics card correctly (name is in verbose), so the issue must lay somewhere else.

Anyone managed to fix the issue?

Amazing work guys...Considering Mavericks as a free update , i hope this makes everyone to donate :) Great Job...

I just bought a GA-Z87-HD3 and a i5-4670 (using internal GPU and 8GB Ram) last week after looking at the recommended CustoMac hardware. It is running 10.8.5.1 OK (albeit without QE/CI) after a lot of effort. But I cant even get the installer to launch on this one using the recommended settings and trying all combinations of the boot flags.

I updated the Bios to F6 tried installing to a fresh disk but no luck yet I had hoped that this would have been an easier build. :(

Oh well I'll keep trying

I kept trying and eventually almost am there!

Installation with Unibeast required dart=0 ncpi=0x3000 -x -v

First Boot after install required
dart=0 ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=No GraphicsEnabler=No -x

Finally My boot plist is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1440x900x32"</string>
/dict>
</plist>

and I am using the default MacPro 3,1 system definition

no sound or QE/CI Yet but I will work on that later.

I hope this helps anyone else with a similar setup

Awesome guide, pretty much all I need for my upcoming Haswell build :)

Sorry to be a complete noob though, but in the Mavericks requirements it said you already need a working Mac. Does this mean I cannot use this to do a clean install on new computer build that isn't a Hackintosh yet? :s

After booting in with USB, i get this:

boot0 done
boot1 /boot

and nothing happens after that, any recommends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back