Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Sapphire HD6850 here.

had to install with -x -v
standard multibeast (disabled the IGPenabler as my chipset is a P67)
Then had to add on plist

AtiConfig=Duckweed
AtiPorts=4
(same adds i had on mountain lion)

Much more easier to install. no need to delete kext.

I can install fine from USB flash drive method. But after multibeast I am
Experiencing the same black screen phenomena as several other people.

I have z68 mobo with bios
Gtx560 non ti VGA
4gb Ram
Ivy bridge 3770 CPU

USB install method works fine

Tested both clean install and 10.8 > 10.9 upgrade

Install multibeast. Tested both easy and userdsdt methods

All result in after grey apple loading screen, black screen appears

I've tried pcirootuid=1 etc
Npci=0x2000 etc
Safe boot
Verbose and force kext -f etc

All to no avail

EDIT:

For some reason this combination works for me now to boot normally into 10.9

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string> (24" screen)

iCloud and App Store won't login.
iTunes can log in
I have both builtin LAN and WIFI working
The various fixes do not work for me

EDIT:

iCloud, App Store now working
Tried the delete all Networks from System Prefs
Delete Network preferences from Library > Preferences > System Configuration
Re-booted
Added Ethernet LAN and named it en0
Added WIFI also
Now all working.

I'm having issues with the new Unibeast 3.0.0 Update and OSX Mavericks. I partitioned and formatted the 8gb flash drive following all instructions, to 1 MBR partition in OSX Extended Journaled, and then Unibeast hangs on "Running Package Scripts". Mavericks is in my Applications folder as always, but Unibeast seems unable to create the drive. It's been running for over 20 minutes now on my i7 3770K and it still says "About a minute" left.

Just let it run until it finishes. Mine took over 30 minutes.

fast reply is not working grrgrgrgr

As a side note, my vertex 3 SSD from OCZ now has TRIM support out of the box. No need for trim enabler.

Using P8p67m-pro motherboard.

Also, ATI 6850 (sapphire) is much easier to install. Just need AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=4

THIS IS DOPE!
Ok, I posted a while back that I would wait a few weeks to upgrade. Well, I couldn't wait that long and decided to take the plunge fearing the worst (a complete SSD reformat). Did everything as instructed and OMG it was beautiful. I never had a headache upgrading. Everything in the new unibeast installer worked flawlessly. Even the HDMI audio was in there activated. This deserves a donation (instead of paying for Apple hardware tax). Thanks guys.

When i boot into unibeast i get the apple loading screen so it boots, but after a minute or something the screen goes black and my monitor goes into sleep mode. I tried lots of bootflags but with no result. When i installed ML I didnt used any bootflag to get booted into OSX. Using GA-P55-USB3 and a Geforce 450GTS. I also took one ram unit out so now it uses 2 gb ram. If anyone can help me that would be great!

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I have a 6870, I didn't have to swap it out, or use any boot flags. I am still shock!

Hi thanks for that, some quetions please.
when it says:
14. If using a Socket 1156 system without Rate Matching Hub (RMH) USB choose Legacy USB Support
15. If using a laptop, choose Laptop Support
It's wish Hackintosh you will install on ? or wish computer you are using to make the usb bootable ? (I use a macbook pro on snow leopard)

and

18. Drag MultiBeast to your completed USB drive.

It's the MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.0.0 right ??

Thanks !!

My computer goes to sleep after the booting screen when im trying to install mavericks. I tried lots of bootflags but no result. Im currently running 10.8.5 and I was able to get ML booted without any bootflags. I have a GA-P55-USB3 and Geforce 450GTS. I also took out one ram unit, so now it has 2GB Ram. can anyone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back