Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have to say congrats to the team, this has been by far, the easiest from scratch install I have ever done on a hackintosh, everything worked the first time and I am writing this message from my new Mavericks install!! I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH board with an EVGA 670 video card, I am running three monitors two off the 670 and one off the onboard, install was easy peasy!!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I did mistake of not selecting the DSDT FREE Option. Now everything works (Except 1 USB3 Port).

My Hackintosh trys to go to sleep, but it wakes up automatically. How to set the Sleep for my Hackintosh

Everything Working !!!!!

Z68XP-UD4
I7 3.4 socket 1155
Gigabyte 6870 1gb
16gb corsair vengeance 1600MHz ram
Panic after trying to boot from USB mavericks drive per instructions.
Removed Gigabyte 6870 card from board.
Changed bios to onboard graphics.
restarted from usb mavericks -V -X
booted fine , Ran Multibeast With GraphicsEnabler=Yes shut down
reinstalled 6870 card changed bios to disable onboard graphics.
rebooted with everything working!!!

I had problems with updating to 10.8.5. But tried Unibeast install of Mavericks. (Updated from 10.8.4) Everything went smoothly.

The only thing I can't get to work is AUDIO. I have a X58A-UD3R rev2 motherboard. So I did what I usually do when updating. Checked the ALC889 (with DSDT) in MULTIBEAST. But It didn't work this time. Now, all I can use is Airplay speakers. And all I have in Sound Settings is Soundflower 2ch and Soundflower 64ch.

Don't know what to do. Tried to copy back my old AppleHDA.kext from my backed up 10.8.4 and repaired permissions. It didn't work.

Anyone ??

Easiest Install I ever Done on a Hackintosh

Not working, I get black screen before the first install screen (loads in verbose but after I have a black screen). I have Asus Sabertooth x79 (BIOS 4403) and I7 4930k.
Flags
-v -f DSDT=No GraphcisEnabler=No npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 also -v -f DSDT=No GraphcisEnabler=No npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1

No luck ;-( any help appreciated

I am no expert, but I am assuming you have an Nvidia Video card installed, I have GTX 590 + 3970x same motherboard (bios) installed

Flag I got is -v npci=0x2000
GraphcisEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No, it went through fine.

If this is not working for you, you might need voodooTSCsync.kext installed in Extra/Extensions folder. Good luck.

Very Good Job, Tkanks

what should I do if I don't want a de novo installation? I want to update my hackintosh from ML. Thank you!

I'm having issues with the new Unibeast 3.0.0 Update and OSX Mavericks. I partitioned and formatted the 8gb flash drive following all instructions, to 1 MBR partition in OSX Extended Journaled, and then Unibeast hangs on "Running Package Scripts". Mavericks is in my Applications folder as always, but Unibeast seems unable to create the drive. It's been running for over 20 minutes now on my i7 3570K and it still says "About a minute" left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back