Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My config is below:

I am not able to install the new OS. It is book screen and resets back again. Not sure what the issue is. Please help.

SystemZ77X-UP5 THCPUI7 3770KGraphicsGTX650TI RTOther HardwareCorsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
BD COMBO LG|UH12NS29 %
SSD 240G|SANDISK SDSSDX-240G-G25 R
PSU CORSAIR| HX750 750W RT
WL ADPT TP-LINK| TL-WDN4800 R
2 TB Seagate

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done; another great guide.
Upgraded from 10.8.5 to 10.9 using this guide > no errors/issues. Had to reinstall Audio and Intel Ethernet Kext (via MultiBeast), other than that - it works!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

install went well but SSD trim is not enabled and usb 3.0 seems not working on ga-z77x-ud5h

My SSD TRIM feature seems working fine. Make sure to check on the multibeast to have TRIM enable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 10.42.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 10.42.46 PM.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 140
You guys are simply GREAT!

The post stating that your Mountain Lion upgrade ran flawlessly. I have 10.8.5 running just fine and have tried running the Mavericks update package from the Apple Store and it downloads and then seems to run and start to install and then asks to reboot and then nothing - I Mean I am left with 10.8.5.
What am I missing please - how do I do a non destructive upgrade to Mavericks is what I am asking !

I just bought a GA-Z87-HD3 and a i5-4750 (using internal GPU and 8GB Ram) last week after looking at the recommended CustoMac hardware. It is running 10.8.5.1 OK (albeit without QE/CI) after a lot of effort. But I cant even get the installer to launch on this one using the recommended settings and trying all combinations of the boot flags.

I updated the Bios to F6 tried installing to a fresh disk but no luck yet I had hoped that this would have been an easier build. :(

Oh well I'll keep trying

Just upgraded using this method with success. The Multibeast 6.0.0 went a bit slow on me after selecting the components and waiting for the install, but after a couple of mins it finally made progress, still took a while. Rebooted and now ready to surf the Mavericks.

Feels snappier.

My specs are
Z87X-D3H
i7 4770 Haswell
760 GTX (Shows up with 2048MB and full name in 10.9)

Selected DSDT-Free, ALC892 (DSDT free) and Intel network drivers.

My resize window lag in Safari is also gone, but that was also fixed in 10.8.5 with Safari 6.1 update.

iMessage still an issue. Error at login.

Can you please post your Bios settings and the boot boot flags you used. I am having a lot of difficulty with a similar motherboard. Thanks

Mavericks works 100% didn't have to type any commands worked out of the box lol :D even my real mac wifi mod + cheap usb 2.0 that broke in 10.8.5 worked
system specs
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard - UEFI BIOS version U1b DSDT FREE
SSD -> enabled trim
GT 640 2gb
889 alc audio
usb 3.0 zeneth
perfect

thats it

I'm just downloading Mavericks, it refer Free Upgrade then 'Install Now' so does it means it will download and install instead of just download only?

its download only

Did the update....No probles at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back