Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Install went well until it was time to reboot on its own. Now I get a kernel panic shortly after the apple appears. I've tried different flags to get it to boot, but nothing seems to work. I have a Gigabyte z68xp-ud3, i7-2600k and Gigabyte hd6870. I erased the HD clean and did a fresh install and then used quick start> userDSDT (used the file downloaded from this site)> build> install> reboot. Right now I'm trying a reinstall. Any suggestions on what settings to use in Multibeast? I'm guessing this is where I went wrong? If it matters I never installed Mt. Lion, so I'm not sure if there were any hiccups with my setup I should watch out for. I believe I read somewhere on here there was a problem with my graphics card? Should I try installing with it unplugged? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm attaching a pic of my kernel panic incase it can shed light on my problem.

Update: after reinstalling I got it to boot in safe mood. I deleted the appleintelCPUPowerManagemen.kext file and now it seems to boot on its own. I guess I'll have to wait and see if that gives me any issues. Now I have no sound, so I'll have to try a few things there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 286
Help! Z68XP-UD4
I7 3.4 socket 1155
Gigabyte 6870 1gb
16gb corsair vengeance 1600MHz ram
Panic after trying to boot from USB mavericks drive per instructions.

I need some help! Couldnt get anywhere with my 6850, so I went to internal graphics (with the card removed) for the install. -x graphicsenabler=no got me to the install screen. Installed (upgraded from mountain lion) with no issues. Booted with internal graphics and the same flags, ran multibeast and installed DSDT and audio and now I get a black screen when I try to boot. Not even trying to get the graphics card working yet.....

Please help

Its the same way on my computer, so I tried both DVI and HDMI connection on my mobo after installing the Mavericks. For some reason the system doesn't recognize DVI, only the HDMI. So after I ran multibeast using HDMI, I restart the computer and plug the discrete card back into the mobo and all of the sudden both HDMI and DVI on it work fine.

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..
yeah same here. Writing to USB stick with unibeast fails after about a minute. Does the mavericks install have to be in the applications folder? Mine is on the desktop. Tried it several times i see it has written something to the USB

My monitor seems to be turning off after the apple screen when I attempt to boot unibeast in order to proceed with the install. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=no/yes, PCIRootUID=1(gives me kernel panic), and npci=0x3000, yet nothing works. The monitor itself turns off, but the computer, and I assume, the actual installation screen, keeps on running. Any ideas?

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..
make sure mavericks is in the applications folder or it fails

This is the first time I've had an issues with an installation or updates. System Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH with GTX660Ti thinking the issue is the Fusion Drive. Installation goes well but after restarting from Mavericks installer can't boot just hangs with warning/stop/no smoking sign without cigarette. Booted with flags and says 'can't find root device.' Currently messaging from my smartphone so any help ideas would be great. Tried booting with rd=disk3 (fusiondrive) nothing still hangs.

And this is the first time I have not had any installation issues! Also the first time I could boot pre-Multibeast without using -x safe mode. Ethernet works natively (i.e. without a kext) for the first time, audio required the ALC892 but works fine and even with my Fusion Drive there were no issues - an absolute first! My Haswell system has desperately needed Mavericks.

The one remaining issue is not being able to log into iCloud.

My monitor turns off after the apple screen when attempting to boot the unibeast partition in order to begin the install. I have tried with npci=0x300, PCIRootUID=1(gives me a kernel panic), and GraphicsEnabler=no/yes yet nothing has worked. The monitor itself is the one that turns off; the computer, and I assume the installation screen, continues running in the background.

Try use different monitor connection, VGA, HDMI or DVI. This happened to me, the system didn't recognize the DVI but it the HDMI is working fine. So after multibeast installation, I reboot and everything back to normal.

install went well but SSD trim is not enabled and usb 3.0 seems not working on ga-z77x-ud5h

+1 for USB 3.0 not working on the GA-Z77x-UD5H. Not sure about trim support, really don't even know what that does or if it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back