Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unibeast fails for me while writing to my USB stick, and it seems the cause is that my root filesystem (ie. the one containing the Install OS X Mavericks.app) is case sensitive - is this something that can be solved? (Other than reformatting my disk - I use case sensitive filesystems on all my Macs .)

OK. I'm typing this message right from my new Mavericks and Safari 7.0 OS X and browser. Tony, Stork and Team: I am taking my hat off in front of you! You guys ROCK! To release Unibeast AND Multibeast on the same day (heck, the same hour) the Apple Event has finished, is more than a miracle! I still have a few adjustments to make to the system but those are insignificant. You guys are worth to be on the pedestal! And I am not saying that lightly. All my respect and admiration for your fantastic work! Awesome job!

I just pray that you guys live 1,000 years! (a Romanian saying :) )

Regards, CacaMaca

Thanks a lot guys.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Thanks for all your hard work.

I normally pay a friend to do my upgrades and installs for major releases of OSX. I decided to try installing Mavericks on my own.

Followed all the steps above.....all went well until booting after restart. Epic fail. My system kernel panics during boot process. Not sure why or how to even begin to figure it out.

I'm now restoring my system back to Mtn Lion. Thank God for back ups. I'll report back in 9 hours if restore worked.......

I have a bad ass system......i7 3.4 GHZ....Gigabyte....with Geforce Ti 660.....16 GB ram etc. Also have a Fusion Drive set up. My system is rockn'. Love it....but Mavericks will have to wait!

Cheers....

Saratoga

This is the first time I've had an issues with an installation or updates. System Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH with GTX660Ti thinking the issue is the Fusion Drive. Installation goes well but after restarting from Mavericks installer can't boot just hangs with warning/stop/no smoking sign without cigarette. Booted with flags and says 'can't find root device.' Currently messaging from my smartphone so any help ideas would be great. Tried booting with rd=disk3 (fusiondrive) nothing still hangs.

I am skipping this upgrade for a later time until the bugs are ironed out. My OSX ML is running well and I don't want the hassle of a forced SSD reformat. Congrats macman and tonymac for this update though. It helps me and maybe a few of us here from paying the Apple tax on hardware.

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..

I got that the first time I ran it, then I went to disk utility and did the partition step to clear it completely and then it worked for me.

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I was able to install the operating system with the stock image without any need to modify any kexts on my 6870.

Followed all the steps above.....all went well until booting after restart. Epic fail. My system kernel panics during boot process. Not sure why or how to even begin to figure it out.

What did it say on the panic screen? For me I got a panic in the AppleTyMCEDriver kernel extension which I fixed by booting with -x and deleting it from /System/Library/Extensions

P8P67M-Pro + i5 2400 + ATI 6850HD

No big issues here, same things i needed to do as in 10.8.4.

basically, unibeast with -v-x at boot > install > multibeast with nodsdt + proper kext > edit plist and add AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=4 dart=0

You can disable VT-d in UEFI and then no need of dart=0.

had some trouble getting my user working (i have my user data in a different disk) but as of now, its working nice.

thanks tony u the beast

Got it working on the Maximus V Formula previously running 10.8.5. After Installation you have to boot the system in safe mode (-x) and apply the Multibeast 6.0 settings listed below. After restart the system should boot normally through Chimera. Good Luck!

System Specs:

ASUS Maximus V Formula
Intel i5 3570K
EVGA GTX 650
Samsung 840 SSD

Multibeast 6.0 Configuration:

Quick Start: DSDT Free
Audio Driver: ALC898
Disk: 3rd Party SATA
Misc: FakeSMC v5.3.820
Network: Intel-hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
System: Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement- OS X 10.9.0, AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloader: Chimera v2.2.1
Boot Options: Basic Boot Options, Hibernate Mode - Desktop, Use KernelCache
System Definitions: Mac Pro 3,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back