Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem to work. Install goes smoothly but after restating the only bootable option is the USB stick.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Doesn't seem to work. Install goes smoothly but after restating the only bootable option is the USB stick.

Because the installation will continue after restarting.

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I initially booted from the stick with my 6870 in the slot, a white screen appeared and I started to reset the rig. it would turn white when I was installing 10.8 with the card still in, so I decided that it's going to hang on install and I need to take it out; turns out that half a sec before I pushed the button it nearly switched to the installer screen -- I only understood that after I took it out and rebooted and got the same screen. It hung on the grey apple logo screen for a while, even the cursor appeared, and after 30 seconds it switched to the installer. right now everything works fine, updated without a hitch, plugged the GPU back in and it works like a charm.

TL;DR: you probably won't have to swap out.

i5-2500K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3, Gigabyte 6870.

Great, does it work with I7 4930k. Does the kernel needs to be patched?

pcarrega

It appears that Apple has not updated the kernel of the current Mavericks for this CPU / Micro-architecture - I don't think this will happen until the new Mac Pros arrive w their XEON Ivy Bridge CPU's so you have to wait till December.

does anyone know if final cut pro 7 and logic pro 9 will work on mavericks? works with mountain lion with the latest patches but i don't want to install it and then be forced to upgrade to the X versions

does anyone know if final cut pro 7 and logic pro 9 will work on mavericks? works with mountain lion with the latest patches but i don't want to install it and then be forced to upgrade to the X versions

Could we rename the thread/ article to How to install or update OSX Mavericks....

People are confused and aren't realising the instructions for updating are already within the article (basically to update skip step 4 operation 6).

It may save the hundreds of posts that are appearing on how to update rather than fresh install.

I disagree. The guide is extremely clear. People who get or are confused should take their time and read the guide carefully. Tony, Stork and the team are spending tons of time to provide us with the tools and with the guides we need which are extremely clear - they are actually spoon feeding us - and they do that for FREE! We should be extremely grateful for that, since it's not easy at all! All the information we need is here, on this web site.

Sorry if I sound a little rough, however we must be careful where we draw the line with our requests.

How to download Mavericks?!? My AppStore claims that "This computer cannot run Mavericks." I hope and presume this has something to do with the Hackintosh not having a proper serial number? Or machine profile...? Can anyone comment on this? Or will there be a separate update patch download sometime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back