Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hi, I'm in the same situation, whatever reference you look for "mavericks" in the "apple website", "app store", "mac store" ecosystem, it just redirects to yosemite no matter what.
I'm clueless, as I'm not sure if I can try it with yosemite.
Apple only has the current OS X version in the MAS. It may put Mavericks in the Apple store like it did the previous OS X versions since Snow Leopard, but it may no be right away.

Check to see in the Mac App Store if Mavericks is in the "Purchases" tab. As Stork mentioned it might take a few days or longer to show up.

I'm still on 10.9.4 so I have the option in the "Updates" tab for 10.9.5 or Yosemite.

Working great in my GA H67M-D2-B3 except for iMessage :) Thanks guys :)

Trying to find Mavericks in the App Store. May just be right under my nose, but I can't seem to find it. Did apple take it off when Yosemite was released?

Trying to find Mavericks in the App Store. May just be right under my nose, but I can't seem to find it. Did apple take it off when Yosemite was released?
Yes, Mavericks is no longer on the MAS. However, if the past is any indicator, Apple may eventually put it in the Apple Store like it did for Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. But, we'll have to wait and see.

I can't even get Unibeast to open. Every time I download it, when I go to open it, I'm told “UniBeast - 3.0.0” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash." I've tried both from outside the OS and inside.

You need to go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy and Allow apps download from "Anywhere"

You need to go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy and Allow apps download from "Anywhere"

Actually, I've never seen such a message when the Security/Privacy settings didn't allow an app to run... it would indicate that it was not authorized or whatever, but never that the app was damaged. I think you could probably try again now. Maybe there was an issue and/or you were not waiting for the app to fully download before moving it and/or attempting to use it (assuming that might happen with your browser?) But be sure your downloaded Mavericks installer is in the Applications directory or this (or something like it) will happen. If I remember right it won't go very far if you do not have an existing installer where it expects that to be.

My CPU is Pentium G860, and I use VGA Sapphire 5570. Can i install Maverick by this tutorial?

I tried install Maverick using Charmelon Bootloader but no result :cry::cry::cry:

My CPU is Pentium G860, and I use VGA Sapphire 5570. Can i install Maverick by this tutorial?

I tried install Maverick using Charmelon Bootloader but no result :cry::cry::cry:

I think that your MSI motherboard may require some additional steps/work to run any version of OS X. Suggest some light reading on as many related threads as possible to glean as much information from people who have used the same motherboard. Your GPU is supported from 10.6.8 right upto and including 10.10.3

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=MSI H61M P20

HELP! Installation seemed to be going perfectly. Even managed to time machine restore.

But after installing the multibeast loader the system now cycles in boot and will not start up.... im not very tech hackintosh savvy I'm afraid...

Intel i7 - 3770
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
16GB Corsair RAM
120GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
1TB SATA3 7200rpm Hard Drive
GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card (2GB RAM)
Cooler Master Silencio 550 ATX Case
OCZ OCZ500MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro Power Supply
WiFi - TP-Link Wireless Card
Sony DVDRW Drive
4 Port FireWire 400 Card
the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 processor cooler