Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There

Intel I5-3570k + MSI Z77-G45 + 16 GB DDR3-1600 + 2 x Kingston SSD 120GB V300 and using Intel HD4000 graphics.

Did the download from Apple Store, used the Unibeast 3.0.0 tool to create the USB for the installation.

Booted from USB, without any boot flags. Did the installation of Mavericks and restarted. Use the Multibeast 6.0.0 to do the necessary configuration to my setup:

Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892
Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler -> 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v5.3.820 + Plugins + HWMonitor Application
Drivers -> USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers -> Network -> Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90

Bootloaders -> Chimera V2.2.1

Customize -> System Definitions -> Mac Mini 6.2

Rebooted again without any boot flags and it's done!

Many thanks to all the team and keep up the excellent work!!!

it work but seems i can't more log in into App Store! anyone same problem?

Awesome-Installed Maverick 10.9 using Unibeast; works on my Dell XPS 8300 and HP laptop where I could only get Leopard to install prev.-works great and new multibeast is easier to use... Thanks!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

GigaByte Z68XP-UD3

Here's what worked for me as I couldn't do a clean install of Mavericks as I couldn't get past the white apple screen going black.

At the above step 4:
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB and hit the Spacebar and enter the below info.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1920x1040x32

The graphics card is in the second PCI slot hence the "1"

Moderators:
Actually Step 4 has no indication on how to input the boot flags... directions should be updated to "
hit the Spacebar"

Thanks guys, I am running now my HP ProBook 4340s with Mavericks and all working. What I did is to wipe the HD and install Mavericks from Scratch following the steps in here. Then I restore the backup and all of my applications works. Thanks a lot!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

If you can't get iMessages working, try instructions from: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#post671803

NOTE: on my machine, I needed the version of the FileNVRAM library that was currently working on my Mountain Lion partition to get iMessages working on Mavericks. The 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 versions did not work.

I currently have Mavericks successfully installed and running on my machine, sandy bridge, Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 (F11) 1155 mATX (Rev 1.0)
Intel i5 2400
Gigabyte Radeon 5770 (batmobile)
8GB
TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo MK260

USB 2, (haven't tried the USB 3 ports), sound, Ethernet, wifi, graphics, all working. Display didn't come back on after sleep, so sleep disabled for now.

Still installing and testing software after using Migration Assistant.

And thanks again, Tonymac and crew for a great set of tools and instructions!

Finally success...in getting to the install screen.

For those who are having a tough time just getting to the install screen...there is hope!!! I found that my system was doing the same as everyone else who were going through the initial install only to have their monitor go dark or go into sleep mode just before the Language choice install screen. I spent hours trying all the Flags and other usual things but nothing worked. I found that my computer was actually getting to the install screen after the monitor went dark ( heard the voice telling me to hit the enter button) but nothing was on the screen. So I tried downloading the DSDT for my motherboard and put it in the EXTRA folder on the USB drive. Tried again and got a bit further...my monitor didn't go dark this time...but the white/gray screen came up...I said 'YESSSS' and then waited a few mins as the install screen made its appearance. But...I couldn't use my mouse or keyboard to select anything. Frustrated I went back to thinking again and searched the whole "comment" section for answer's but found nothing.
I finally got the idea of taking my DSDT from my working Mountain Lion setup and replaced the downloaded one with it in the EXTRA folder on the USB drive again. For my system i need to use the flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci-0x3000. So I restarted the computer and waited till the white/gray screen came up with the arrow in the top corner and voala I was able to move my mouse around finally. The install screen came up and now I'm off to the races. I haven't installed yet as I am going to first try installing on my second Hackintosh that I don't use much.

Anyway, hope this helps out those who are having the same problems. If this helps you out, then leave a reply comment stating so.

Enjoy, Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back