Intel 3570k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Could we rename the thread/ article to How to install or update OSX Mavericks....

People are confused and aren't realising the instructions for updating are already within the article (basically to update skip step 4 operation 6).

It may save the hundreds of posts that are appearing on how to update rather than fresh install.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5TH
CPU
Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHz Haswell
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Doesn't seem to work. Install goes smoothly but after restating the only bootable option is the USB stick.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Doesn't seem to work. Install goes smoothly but after restating the only bootable option is the USB stick.

Because the installation will continue after restarting.

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Super fast Thanks guys!!!

Motherboard
pc x86
CPU
intel i5
Graphics
nvidia 590gtx
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am using mountain lion as my MAIN os!!!! Thank you for your guides! one question! If I just update from mountain lion to maverics without the guide will I have a problem?

Motherboard
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 760 SC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Works great on my i7 3770k, UD5H, GTX 760 build with 16 GB of ram. Only had to install sound, ethernet and USB 3.0 drivers. Sleep works great too! Thanks a lot!

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I initially booted from the stick with my 6870 in the slot, a white screen appeared and I started to reset the rig. it would turn white when I was installing 10.8 with the card still in, so I decided that it's going to hang on install and I need to take it out; turns out that half a sec before I pushed the button it nearly switched to the installer screen -- I only understood that after I took it out and rebooted and got the same screen. It hung on the grey apple logo screen for a while, even the cursor appeared, and after 30 seconds it switched to the installer. right now everything works fine, updated without a hitch, plugged the GPU back in and it works like a charm.

TL;DR: you probably won't have to swap out.

i5-2500K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3, Gigabyte 6870.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Not working, I get black screen before the first install screen (loads in verbose but after I have a black screen). I have Asus Sabertooth x79 (BIOS 4403) and I7 4930k.
Flags
-v -f DSDT=No GraphcisEnabler=No npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 also -v -f DSDT=No GraphcisEnabler=No npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1

No luck ;-( any help appreciated