OS X Lion
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Nope, it is no longer the case. I have just installed Mavericks on my UD5H running a Gigabyte 6870.

Hooray!

:headbang:

Motherboard
Powermac G5 Case , Sabertooth X79 2011
CPU
i7 3930
Graphics
Geforce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Many thanks to Tonymac et al for putting this comprehensive install guide together.

Everything installed and everything working fine (including Icloud/Imessage)

System: Asus Sabertooth X79 Socket 2011
I7 3930K
Geforce GTX 670

Used the flags -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No to install via Unibeast.

Maltibeast-DST free + Audio+Network Drivers.

Everything feels a lot slicker since the upgrade, plus a 500 increase on my Geekbench scores ( 21435 - 21930)

Donation gladly made.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77H-Wifi
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

just curious, i installed everything just fine, now having trouble booting from usb into mavericks for the first time. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x300 PCIRootUID=1 -v

I don't know if this is your problem, but my USB 3 drive with a fresh Mavericks install would only boot from a USB 2 port.

Motherboard
G3 Billyjackintosh
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Galaxy 670 4gb
Mac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, Maybe I'm thinking about this to much but this step is confusing me or the wording is confusing me. its been a long day, maybe i can't understand what I'm trying to think about.

"STEP 3: Recommended UEFI Settings

If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI, the options are simple "

I am using a recommended Custo mac desktop bios from my original 10.8.5 setup. my UEFI bios for my GA-Q77m-d2h. ok
the options are simple… but what are the options???. this statement is what is confusing me.

For other systems make sure to set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Award BIOS settings are listed
here.

Can anyone clear this up for me, or reword this statement
Thanks, in advance

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro

Just a reminder- we've switched up the default boot flags to GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes. You may need to use alternate flags at the boot screen.

If you have a UEFI based system, such as Gigabyte Z77 and Z87,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

may be needed for NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.

If you have an older Award BIOS, such as Gigabyte P55 or Z68,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

may be necessary with NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.

Think this should be a warning after the installation on the article.
After i found this out updated successfully Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 -F10. --GTX465
Watch out for the flag changes.

Motherboard
System make/model > See Rules!
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GTX 550 Ti
Just a heads up. Once you have a bootable USB working with UniBeast. Enter -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 IF you have a P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard. That combination worked for me.

Motherboard
ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi
CPU
Q9950
Graphics
GTX 480
this is insane and confusing, it's an upgrade why would i need to totally reinstall kexts and rives why wouldn't it keep my current kexts? this guide doesn't explain it's self.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8910
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti + HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Yes, that's still the case with AMD 6xxx cards. I have a AMD Radeon 6670 HD card, and the UniBeast USB gives a garbled screen after boot.

The solution is to delete the AMD6000Controller.kext from /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Extentions (where UniBeast is the name of the UniBeast USB) to another location, say /Volumes/UniBeast/Extra/Backup. This will allow the USB to boot to the Mavericks installation, and then you can restore the AMD6000Controller.kext to the Mavericks hard drive after you install and boot from the hard drive.

Motherboard
Custo-mac Mini Deluxe
CPU
i5
Graphics
ATI Sapphire 7970 HD
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

That's great news for 79xx owners. Did you still use the usb stick to boot?

Yessir, I used the USB that Unibeast created for install and first boot. I ran Mulitbeast and shut off. Switched the DVI cable over to the 7970, and booted right up!

However, graphics driver seems quite a bit slower than Mountain Lion's performance. Doing a Heaven benchmark showed 70 fps in ML, while Mavericks is only getting 20 fps, but I'm sure an update will improve that.

Motherboard
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
CPU
Core i9 10900KF
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580 8Gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I've done two ways of installing: dirty and clean. The dirty one was Mavericks over a Mountain Lion, restarted and it loaded as native. But in clean installation i encountered 2 problems:
1. USB doesnt work (fixed by replacing usb kexts with old ones from ML)
and after that
2. Mous is not working, but keyboard does. I just can't move the pointer and mouse doesn't respound to clicks. That's sad, i can't fix that.
Does anyone can help me?
My specs: Core i5 750, GA-P55-US3L (used legacy 1156 support in UNI), HD6870, 4GB ram

Status
Not open for further replies.