Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks to Tonymac et al for putting this comprehensive install guide together.

Everything installed and everything working fine (including Icloud/Imessage)

System: Asus Sabertooth X79 Socket 2011
I7 3930K
Geforce GTX 670

Used the flags -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No to install via Unibeast.

Maltibeast-DST free + Audio+Network Drivers.

Everything feels a lot slicker since the upgrade, plus a 500 increase on my Geekbench scores ( 21435 - 21930)

Donation gladly made.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

just curious, i installed everything just fine, now having trouble booting from usb into mavericks for the first time. I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x300 PCIRootUID=1 -v

I don't know if this is your problem, but my USB 3 drive with a fresh Mavericks install would only boot from a USB 2 port.

OK, Maybe I'm thinking about this to much but this step is confusing me or the wording is confusing me. its been a long day, maybe i can't understand what I'm trying to think about.

"STEP 3: Recommended UEFI Settings

If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI, the options are simple "

I am using a recommended Custo mac desktop bios from my original 10.8.5 setup. my UEFI bios for my GA-Q77m-d2h. ok
the options are simple… but what are the options???. this statement is what is confusing me.

For other systems make sure to set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Award BIOS settings are listed
here.

Can anyone clear this up for me, or reword this statement
Thanks, in advance

Just a heads up. Once you have a bootable USB working with UniBeast. Enter -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 IF you have a P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard. That combination worked for me.

this is insane and confusing, it's an upgrade why would i need to totally reinstall kexts and rives why wouldn't it keep my current kexts? this guide doesn't explain it's self.

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Yes, that's still the case with AMD 6xxx cards. I have a AMD Radeon 6670 HD card, and the UniBeast USB gives a garbled screen after boot.

The solution is to delete the AMD6000Controller.kext from /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Extentions (where UniBeast is the name of the UniBeast USB) to another location, say /Volumes/UniBeast/Extra/Backup. This will allow the USB to boot to the Mavericks installation, and then you can restore the AMD6000Controller.kext to the Mavericks hard drive after you install and boot from the hard drive.

Hi, I've done two ways of installing: dirty and clean. The dirty one was Mavericks over a Mountain Lion, restarted and it loaded as native. But in clean installation i encountered 2 problems:
1. USB doesnt work (fixed by replacing usb kexts with old ones from ML)
and after that
2. Mous is not working, but keyboard does. I just can't move the pointer and mouse doesn't respound to clicks. That's sad, i can't fix that.
Does anyone can help me?
My specs: Core i5 750, GA-P55-US3L (used legacy 1156 support in UNI), HD6870, 4GB ram

Working for my GA Q77M-D2H mobo. I used the unibeast > multibeast upgrade method. iMessage stopped working after the update but it was easily remedied with the NVRAM 1.1.2 fix. Also, I just had to go into the Sounds settings and choose internal speaker for it to have sound. This update has autosleep working again which was broken by 10.8.5 supplemental. After updating to 10.8.5 I had some difficulty getting USB 3.0 working but that didn't seem affected by this update so I just left it out of multibeast. Really happy with my hack right now!

Multibeast Options:
DSDT Free
ALC887/888b Current
HDA Enabler
3rd Party SATA - Not sure if I needed this one but it was part of multibeast preconfiguration.
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins
Fake SMC HWMonitor Application
Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera v2.2.1
Basic Boot Options
Generate CPU States
Hibernate - Desktop Mode
Use KernelCache
1080p Display Mode
Mac Pro 3,1
Tonymacx86 Black

I just upgraded. All went smoothly, as all I had to do was re-run TRIM Enabler, as well as Multibeast to get my audio working. I ran into a problem where my monitor would shut off after the apple boot screen when I tried to boot the Unibeast installer, but that was fixed with booting Unibeast with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and "Graphics Mode"="resolution of my monitor."

Thank you so much, older board, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P intel core2Quad 9550 8g 1066 ddr2, downloaded upgrade, CCC'd my stuff first, verified booted on ccc, then install NEW and then run multi beast, restore the ALC885/889a sound and used my dsdt. all worked well, ran migration assistant and restored my stuff, all is well. everything works, thank you so much, Donation inbound!

No Luck, black screen after the files are loaded in verbose mode. I have identical H/W and my graphics card is Nvidia 8800 GTS 512MB. System is working with 10.8.5 with Multibeast 5.5.0 install.

Any hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back