Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
HPET must be enabled 64 bit to install/run OS X.

Thanks so much.
In my BIOS I find no voice HPET 64 bits , but only HPET = Enable / Disable. I assume, by enabling it, is already 64-bit . Right?

Thanks so much.
In my BIOS I find no voice HPET 64 bits , but only HPET = Enable / Disable. I assume, by enabling it, is already 64-bit . Right?
On a modern board - by which I mean an Ivy Bridge or later, probably it will be 64 bit automatically.

I'm really confused on how to go about upgrading my current hackintosh, i.e. Mavericks (10.9.5) running on Chameleon v2.2 on my B75M-D3H, i3 3225 setup to El Capitan. Can someone point me in the right direction to begin this journey? I have been reading the guides but not making much sense out of it.

I have download Unibeast and am in process of downloading El Capitan. The guides seem overwhelming to me. I wonder whether it would be easier to install Yosemite.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Tony,

I have problem and I hope you could help me with or any one guys could:

After struggling two days facing issues and then get them over, I finally completed the beginning steps, then stuck at Step 4: Install OS X El Capitan

After booting from USB At Clover boot screen, I chose Boot Mac OS X from USB,
Then it come Apple logo, after that the screen change to white then blinking in blank gray screen, then nothing happen.

Although, I took that Bootable USB and run it on other laptop and it was able to boot and access to the OS X

Here is my Desktop specs:
Desktop Case:
Dell XPS 8500
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
RAM: DDR3 12 GB 1600 Mhz
Main HDD: Seagate 2 TB with Windows 7 OS
Second HDD: WD 1 TB (Planning to specify it to Mac OS X)

Hello all, I'm having trouble booting up after I'm at the USB at Clover boot screen. I click on the right option, and I have also added the boot flag since I have an Nvidia card. The Apple logo comes up with the bar but nothing loads then it restarts. Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

I have an ASUS Z170-A MB and a Intel 5820K i7 processor. I also have a 740 geforce 1 gig card. Is my card too old for this platform? It work on another build i did but that build was unstable. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all, I'm having trouble booting up after I'm at the USB at Clover boot screen. I click on the right option, and I have also added the boot flag since I have an Nvidia card. The Apple logo comes up with the bar but nothing loads then it restarts. Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

I have an ASUS Z170-A MB and a Intel 5820K i7 processor. I also have a 740 geforce 1 gig card. Is my card too old for this platform? It work on another build i did but that build was unstable. Any help would be appreciated.
Don't know you got that far but I have a suggestion. Buy a X99 MB to run your 5820K or buy a Skylake processor for your ASUS Z170-A.

Don't know you got that far but I have a suggestion. Buy a X99 MB to run your 5820K or buy a Skylake processor for your ASUS Z170-A.

Thanks so much for the info.
Actually I looked more closely and I have a
ASUS X99-A LGA 2011
I also have an xfx 3gb video card that clearly wont work with my current Hackintosh thats not stable when video editing. So I have to buy a cheap 1 gig 740 EVGA FTW card. I wish I new some network of people that are in Los Angeles area that could help with my machine and install onto a a fresh SSD.

This guide was great! My previous OSX 10.9 install was kind of problematic, with a lot of errors, and so I was a bit reluctant to install a new OS. But after finder stopped working, I had to and that was a lot easier then expected.

No problems during installation whatsoever. I have a late 2014 CustoMac (Gigabite Z87MX-D3H, i5 4670K, GeForce GTX 660) and everything went well. Only thing is I forgot the network driver with the Multibeast install (i used AppleIntel3.3-something, besides Realtek 892 the only options I had to use). The 450 GB time machine back-up on my NAS was therefore installing over wifi instead over the LAN-cable. After fixing, the time needed by migration assistant dropped from 24 to ca. 5-6 hours* SEE UPDATE!

The computer seems to work great the first hours. Previously, i had a lockup sometimes, especially using USB 3.0 ports. I'm curious to see how it's going to last with 10.11. I guess beter, because of the pain free installation!

For the record, I chose the following options during installation:

Step 2.15: UEFI Boot mode
Step 3: Set to Optimized Defaults, Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1, Vt-d was shown as enabled, but is greyed out and can't be changed. Haven't encountered any problems yet
Step 5.7: UEFI Boot mode
Step 5.8 : Audio: RealtekALC892, Network: AppleIntelv3.3-something (the latest, because of restore Mutlibeast is not on my mac anymore)

That's it. Thanks again for this great site!

*UPDATE: It's not working any more. It worked after migration but after restarting the problems begun. Using migration assistent to restore my files also restored the system-files and those caused a never ending rebooting cycle. Tried some stuff, but decided that starting over was the fastest way. So did everything mentioned above minus the migration assistent. You can access specific files and folders of your TM-backup by double clicking on the back-up file. It will then mount as a drive which you can open. Then browse and copy, do NOT try to move anything as it can corrupt your backup. Then just restore the folders you want to restore. Works fine for now, even after several restarts.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. I am new to this hackintosh. I recently purchased and installed the components listed in the guide August 2016 in my new tower. The motherboard chosen is the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 to install OS X El Capitan.

I follow the steps of the guide here, shown on the first page in this thread. I downloaded the OS X, download UniBeast and MultiBeast, formatting the USB drive, ran UniBeast and, when it ends, I put MultiBeast on the USB drive.

In the new tower, I configure the BIOS but I think I set things missing here. I saved my BIOS settings and reboot with the USB drive and choose it as a starter. In the menu that pops up, I click on the icon that is external. This leaves the apple and a bar on black background and nothing happens. The Bar never advances. Someone who can guide me on the steps to the plate?

Last edited:
Asus PA27
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
ASUS Z170i
Intel i7-6700K
Hyper-X Fury ddr 4 - 32 meg
Samsung EVO 850 at 500 GB ssd
Corsair cx 550
Swedish mini itx box from Fractal Design, white
I am 60 next weekend

Pleas tell me this will work :)
Means A LOT -- I have been a mac user since 2001, starting with a PowerMac G5 in 2003, later two generations of Mac Book Pro, then a Mac Mini G4, now using a mac min 2012 i7.

Wondering, will I get a real world feeling of MacOS on this?? Will I still be off windows, still enjoying the world of OSX ??

I will be running photoshop and lightroom on this, thus the rather hefty specs. Of course, I should rather bought a Mac Pro, sorrry I dont have all that money -- and I like the challenge to build something of my own, something I know. And my homemade is ugradeable, MacPro not particularly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back