Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's prebuilt the odds are against you, but your comment tells me you're probably not up to trying to work around that. Never mind the BIOS, see whether you can boot into the OS X installer using a
UniBeast USB. If not, maybe stick with Windows.

First, thanks for responding! Yes unfortunately my Mini PC is prebuilt, I can insert better RAM (16GB) and I'm able to purchase a new EVO 750 250gb SSD for €50,-
How would El Capitain run on my PC, specs wise, could you give me an indication if that's even possible?
I already understand the installation process fully, already asked about the bios before looking into it properly hehe. It's clear now.

First, thanks for responding! Yes unfortunately my Mini PC is prebuilt, I can insert better RAM (16GB) and I'm able to purchase a new EVO 750 250gb SSD for €50,-
How would El Capitain run on my PC, specs wise, could you give me an indication if that's even possible?
I already understand the installation process fully, already asked about the bios before looking into it properly hehe. It's clear now.

Storage won't save you, and your RAM is likely fine anyway. I don't know how it's likely to run, I did a quick google and it looks like your graphics are supported. All you can really do is try it. Make an install USB, run it. You can't break anything that way, and if it doesn't boot you likely have your answer.

Since first post suggest using clover i should skip step 5 after installation and do 6 instead?

Since first post suggest using clover i should skip step 5 after installation and do 6 instead?

MultiBeast for El Capitan uses Clover as the default bootloader.

I have a HD Graphics 4600.Can I help to install the driver i OS X CAPITAN?

Thanks

I picked up a Shuttle "Super Mini" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101169

It has an Intel i5-5200U cpu, some unknown wifi/bt card with everything else built-in on the mobo. 8GB RAM and a Sandisk SSD. I tried installing El Capitan on it but the clover screen just keeps looping. After selecting install, it would show the apple logo, then reboots. There aren't many options in bios, but I disabled VT VT-d and secure boot, set it to boot UEFI. Not much else from the guide applies since I don't see any options of xHCI or any other options.

Has anyone had any success in setting up EC on something similar or know of a guide?

Sorry, i follow perfectly the guide but when i try to install from my usb, after in clover screen i choose "Boot Mac Osx from USB" i see this screen and then the system will reboot automatically. what can i do? which is my error?
i have:
asus z170p
intel core i7
nvidia gtx 950
ssd samsung

Attachments

• 20160721_164907.jpg
    20160721_164907.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 128
Sorry, i follow perfectly the guide but when i try to install from my usb, after in clover screen i choose "Boot Mac Osx from USB" i see this screen and then the system will reboot automatically. what can i do? which is my error?
i have:
asus z170p
intel core i7
nvidia gtx 950
ssd samsung
In UEFI BIOS, find the serial port and disable it. This is most likely cause of the KP you experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back