8GB ram
500 gb hdd

i have problem in booting usb drive

can anyone solve this ?

Attachments

• WP_20151105_001.jpg
    WP_20151105_001.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 122
Just want to say Thanks Guys, flawless install with El Captain, on my ProBook 640 G1!

just need to procure a new wifi card, sort out the sound and im set

Thanks Again:clap::clap:

Hi everyone, I did an El Capitan install on a machine I bought form a friend so luckily no bleeding-edge hardware.

Install went really well (easier than Win10), thanks for all the info.

I have two issues:

1. Sometimes web video (YouTube) shows noise, and also my preview icons in Finder (see attached).
2. I have Win10 on a separate SSD, when my MacOSX drive is plugged in as well, boot options show my Win10 drive but I can't boot from it. Screen stays black and I have a blinking cursor. When I plug out the MacOSX drive, I can boot to Win10 successfully.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
SSDs: 2x SAMSUNG EVO 128GB
Processor: 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7

Thanks!
Ben

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.39.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.39.00 PM.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.38.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.38.41 PM.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 787
hi
i am using hp 15 series laptop
i3 5th gen processer with 5500 hd graphics
8GB ram
500 gb hdd

i have problem in booting usb drive

can anyone solve this ?

Hi everyone, I did an El Capitan install on a machine I bought form a friend so luckily no bleeding-edge hardware.

Install went really well (easier than Win10), thanks for all the info.

I have two issues:

1. Sometimes web video (YouTube) shows noise, and also my preview icons in Finder (see attached).
2. I have Win10 on a separate SSD, when my MacOSX drive is plugged in as well, boot options show my Win10 drive but I can't boot from it. Screen stays black and I have a blinking cursor. When I plug out the MacOSX drive, I can boot to Win10 successfully.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
SSDs: 2x SAMSUNG EVO 128GB
Processor: 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7

Thanks!
Ben

See Post #688.

I have problem at Step 2: Create a Bootable USB with UniBeast
While the "copying files" to USB at 1.52GB it has been stop (even after 1h nothing happened)
I was trying on macmini and on virtual machine (both have the same problem)

I am using UniBest 6.1.0 to try create bootable El Capitan.
Pendrive has enough storage 16GB.
Any proposition how to solve ? Or maybe i doing something wrong ?
(Sry from my English)

Hi, I'm new to the world Hackintosh and I'm desperate.

I assembled a PC as Tomymac86 guides and guides recommending r purchased and am following their installation guides through unibeast 6.1 and am not able to finish installing MacOS X.

I have the following configuration:
ASROCK Fatal1ty Z97X KILLER
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz
CORSAIR RM650W 80 PLUS GOLD
ZOTAC GeForce GTX970-OC-4GB
On a SATA HD

I have been at different times of the installation, I have come to forage drive and install Macos to Hd but I could not tear me directly from disk and always had to start with the USB connected to PC, we was not 100% operational.

Currently since I've tried to install from Unibest 6 when trying to install from clover screen is black and I still do not even agree to the first installation steps MacOS X

I'm trying to install the guide "Captain" of http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
unibeast using 6.1 and UEFI configuration. but I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you:banghead:

I seemed to have solved my issue (which sounds very similar to yours). I found this fix for BIOS changes
Clover UEFI Dual Boot OS X Mavericks & Win 8.1 Issue

Just done on mine and Windows will boot from Clover now :clap::clap::headbang::clap::clap:

Give it a go, basically the fix was going to the BIOS setup:
1. Select BIOS Features.
2. Select Windows 8 Features and pick Windows 8 from the list.
3. Right below Windows 8 Features select CSM Support and set to never.
4. Select Secure Boot and set to disable.

9grxJb6.jpg

I tried running from my newly created USB stick with El Capitan on it (created using Unibeast 6.0.1), but when I try booting from the USB, after the initial selection, I get a blank screen.

Did I create the bootable USB incorrectly? I created the USB using UEFI not Legacy.

Hi,

I build, 2 years ago, a pc (motherboard GIGABYTE H87N-WIFI) with Mavericks, and I'd like to know if it's possible to update it with El Capitan.

Do I have to install it again or could I just make an update ?

If I have to make a clean new install, could I use a time machine backup to get everything I had on mavericks ?

where could I find a tutorial ?

Thank you

I seemed to have solved my issue (which sounds very similar to yours). I found this fix for BIOS changes
Clover UEFI Dual Boot OS X Mavericks & Win 8.1 Issue

Just done on mine and Windows will boot from Clover now :clap::clap::headbang::clap::clap:

Give it a go, basically the fix was going to the BIOS setup:
1. Select BIOS Features.
2. Select Windows 8 Features and pick Windows 8 from the list.
3. Right below Windows 8 Features select CSM Support and set to never.
4. Select Secure Boot and set to disable.

9grxJb6.jpg

I remember the days when BIOS was a low level, low profile tool which was bare and minimal (as it ought to be) and didn't need to be a graphics showboat with fancy art etc. I'd rather these OEMs wrote proper instruction manuals instead of wasting time embedding shiny (hideous) icons and glossy menus all over the place :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back