Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also read several posts where people were having issues with 32GB USB keys because it was too large. I think everyone should only be using a 16GB USB key with El Capitan so they don't waste time trying to get their hacintosh working only to have to go back and start all over again (like I did).

I've used a Sandisk 32 GB drive and it did work. I do agree that the 16GB is the best choice though.
They don't usually cost more than 6 USD and they will be future proof against the inevitable 8 GB +
OS X installers we'll be using in 2016.

I've used a Sandisk 32 GB drive and it did work. I do agree that the 16GB is the best choice though.
They don't usually cost more than 6 USD and they will be future proof against the inevitable 8 GB +
OS X installers we'll be using in 2016.

I totally agree. A lot of systems will work with 32GB but even some of the latest ones out there don't. I just think most people should start with 16gb to be sure unless they know their system can deal with 32+gb already.

I grabbed five 16Gb USB drives for less than $5 each

Hello,
I downloaded from App store at 2015-10-29 the installation file "OS X El Capitan Installation.app". The size has been increased from 6.09 GB to 6.18 GB. So I assume, that the update 10.11.1 is already included.

Then I tried to make an USB-Stick version with Unibeast 6.0.1. Unfortunately I can no longer select the icon "El Capitan". When I try Unibeast 6.0.1 with the original 6.09 GB size installation file it works.

It would be nice to update Unibeast to accept also the new El Capitan 10.11.1 installation file with the size of 6.18 GB.

Regards, Rudi

Hello,
I downloaded from App store at 2015-10-29 the installation file "OS X El Capitan Installation.app". The size has been increased from 6.09 GB to 6.18 GB. So I assume, that the update 10.11.1 is already included.

Then I tried to make an USB-Stick version with Unibeast 6.0.1. Unfortunately I can no longer select the icon "El Capitan". When I try Unibeast 6.0.1 with the original 6.09 GB size installation file it works.

It would be nice to update Unibeast to accept also the new El Capitan 10.11.1 installation file with the size of 6.18 GB.

Regards, Rudi

Yes, the El Cap Install app has gotten bigger. The solution is to use a 16 GB USB to make the installer.
Here's one that I've found to work with 10.11.1.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day/177138-sandisk-16gb-usb-flash-drive-5-48-a.html

you can also use the 32 GB size of this too.

With 10.11.1 you need at least 7.61 GB of free space on the USB. You can check an 8 GB drive
by right (ctrl) clicking on the USB icon and then click "get info" You should then see something
like this. If it says less than 7.61 GB Available it won't work. It's that simple.

TRS 2015-10-28 at 9.06.08 PM.jpg

@trs96
I have used a 16 GB USB Stick, that is not the problem.

I will further investigate this problem.

Regards, Rudi

@trs96
I have used a 16 GB USB Stick, that is not the problem.

I will further investigate this problem.

Regards, Rudi
Just curious, what brand is the 16 gb drive ? You can always test it with Crystal Disk Info to
see if it has bad sectors or other problems that could cause failure to install El Cap properly.
Need to use a Windows PC to do that. The other thing to check, did you completely delete
10.11.0 from your Applications folder (and empty the trash) before you downloaded 10.11.1
from the MAS ?

@trs96
The 16 GB USB 3.0 Stick is with brand Toshiba TransMemory.

After the not successful try with Unibeast 6.0.1 and OS X El Capitan Installation.app (6.16 GB, probably 10.11.1)
I just installed the 10.11.0 version of OS X El Capitan Installation.app on the same Toshiba 16 GB USB Stick
and I can boot with, up to the installation menu of El Capitan.

So, I assume that this Toshiba 16 GB USB 3.0 Stick is OK.

But now I have another problem, no mouse and keyboard action in the installation menu of El Capitan.

If I boot with the harddisk, mouse and keyboard action is OK.
On the hardisk is Yosemite 10.10.5, updated to El Capitan 10.11.0 and then 10.11.1 for test purpose.
That works fine, but now I wanted to install El Capitan fresh from the USB stick.

Regards, Rudi

Hi, I have a problem here.
I am running Unibeast 6.0.1 on my Macbook (El capital) to create bootable usb on my 8GB usb. It was all ok until the screen Select OS Installation. I can't select any OS. I clicked El capital but nothing happened, so i cant continue. How can I continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back