Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Yep, stupid question. Thanks for answering anyway.

Thanks for the great work guys! I finally got El Capitan installed and running smoothly this evening. Just in time for the 10.11.1 update! Go figure!

Might I make small suggestion maybe for this Installation Guide or possibly even the Unibeast and El Capitan Post-Install Tools?

I've noticed that neither of the default Clover config.plist files generated by Unibeast or the two Clover Post-Install Tools have the BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys in the RtVariables section that partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan. I'm not sure how many others here had problems with this, but while I personally could easily boot and install El Capitan for the install media, I couldn't run theClover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg, or the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command, or a number of other pkg installers (including the latest Clover build pkg either) from my fresh El Capitan install on my internal Volume, because of the new System Integrity Protection in El Capitan.

It took a little poking around the site for a solution, which was hardly a headache Although I spent quite some time trying a bunch of other things in a vain attempt to get my system bootable, before striking on a sticky that covered the SIP issue great detail.

It just seems strange to have no mention or default installable solution in 'this' guide. Unless of course there is some other reason that I'm missing?

Anyways, keep up the amazing work! And rocking our socks off!

It just seems strange to have no mention or default installable solution in 'this' guide. Unless of course there is some other reason that I'm missing?

Who knows, but can you tell me how the h e double hockey sticks can I get my system to boot from my hard drive, instead of my thumb drive, if i unplug my thumb than my system will no longer boot.:crazy:

Work perfectly on an Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop (followed this guide to the letter, no extra meddling) with MSI 1GB Nvidia GT 210 graphics card + 8GB DDR3 + Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD *except* for Realtek audio (can't be bothered to faff, just used a USB card instead, as this is a stop-gap "Mac" for now).

~ CustoMac Essentials.pkg
~ Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg
~ MacPro3,1 as model in "Clover Configurator" & "Inject Nvidia"

Perrrrfect for a week now without ANY errors or crashing! Updated to 10.11.1 no issues at all, also. Smooth as a hot knife through soft butter!

many thanks.

Big Thanks to tonymacx86, matt77303 & RehabMan

went from 10.10.5 to 10.11.1 via a clean install, audio and usb 3 working fine on my GA-Z97X-UD5H board.

:headbang:

hi i want to report that with OS X 10.11.1 the free space required for the unibeast installation now is 7.59GB, i was having problem creating a bootable usb cause i haven't enough space, bye :)

hi i want to report that with OS X 10.11.1 the free space required for the unibeast installation now is 7.59GB, i was having problem creating a bootable usb cause i haven't enough space, bye :)
Thanks for the update, we'll make a note of it in the first post. This is why it's best
to just start with a 16 GB USB. 8 GB will not be enough space with many brands of USB sticks.

Thanks for the update, we'll make a note of it in the first post. This is why it's best
to just start with a 16 GB USB. 8 GB will not be enough space many brands of USB sticks.

I have also read several posts where people were having issues with 32GB USB keys because it was too large. I think everyone should only be using a 16GB USB key with El Capitan so they don't waste time trying to get their hacintosh working only to have to go back and start all over again (like I did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back