Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the wonderful installation guide! But I'm having this problem that is driving me nuts!

It was running all well when I first installed it. Then I restarted and shut down my computer to make sure everything worked, even without the USB plugged in. And it did. Then I shut the computer down and left it overnight.

The next day when I tried to boot it up again, it always got stuck at the Apple screen and refused to boot into the OS. Once again I had to boot it through the USB to get to El Capitan before troubleshooting and doing all the post installation stuff all over again.

Then it worked once I shut it down and boot it up. And I left it yet again overnight thinking it is finally fixed. But the next day it still gets stuck at the loading screen with the Apple logo!!

This has been happening for the last three days now. Everyday I go to sleep thinking it is solved, but my nightmare happens when I wake up.

Can anybody help me with this? I can only boot to El Capitan through the USB and not directly from my HDD. Thanks!!
Please follow the Rules, and add your specific hardware to your profile.
  • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
It is impossible for people to help you, and we would only be guessing at solutions, without this information.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Unable to disable SIP in El Captain. Going back to Yosemite. csrutil disable in recovery terminal doesn't do it.

Hello...

well this is the first time I use clover, and i tried to install this new mac osx version capitan, I did use unibeast 6 but did't work for me, the apple logo was showing but the loading bar didn't, I think it was because of the settings in the config plist as I said before, I'm new using clover,

I did a research for information and I created my installation using another tutorial about how to create one installation usb manually, bla bla bla, and this time the loading bar appeared but it was geeting stucked in this step
so I used -v -f flags and to my surprise the mac os version not set yet was the cAUse.

so I was dealing on how to configure my config.plist, and clicked on smbios tab, and I set as a mac pro 3.1 and copied manually my serial number and restared my computer and voila, now I am using the capitan... a sus ordenes jefe.....

these are my specs....

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-DS2
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
HARDDRIVE: WC 500 GB SATA
VIDEOCARD: GT 520 1 GB DDR3

Sound and video are working good!!!!
wired and wireless lan working.

thanks again I will try unibeast option I think I learned how to use clover now at least to be able to install for now...

How did you solve the gt driver and cdmi audio?

anyone here to help me ? i can reach installation scrren , my board iz G1.Sniper Z97
help me with bios setting :(

I have a question for you fine people :)

I am running this perfectly on an old Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop + Nvidia GT 210 1GB GPU, but when I plug in a second monitor (I have two 1600x1200 IPS monitors, one on DVI, one HDMI - HDMI is my main [single] screen) there seems to be a considerable GPU lag (stutter). I was reading somewhere that this is something to do with "CStates and PStates" - is this the case, and if it is (or isn't) what else should I do?

I have included Nvidia injection in the Clover Configurator, naturally (and it worked on single screen NO LAG).

Thank you :)

First your work are great! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have a problem in the first boot.
Only I see the mouse blinking in the black screen.

My graphics is gtx 55o ti
Mobo asus z97prowifi ac
intel i7 4790k

First your work are great! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have a problem in the first boot.
Only I see the mouse blinking in the black screen.

My graphics is gtx 55o ti
Mobo asus z97prowifi ac
intel i7 4790k

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 115
I was running 10.11 perfectly but after choos a fast boot option in bios, the os is imposible to boot. I put the bios in previous set up bu not works I try to install the 10.11 clean again like 8 times or more and i can not install so i install Mavericks and this is the error. Anybody can help me with this. Is allways the same error kernel_task

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 171
made the usb installer for my x58 build(there is anther thread for this procedure)
my issue is after the installer completes i reboot back to the usb , but i only see the usb drive and the recovery partition.
why don't i see my install partition?

edit:backed up data and non app store apps then...
did a clean install works ok but can only boot from usb i get the (boot0af: error).
edit2:
open the legacy clover pkg. search for boot1h2 file and copy to the usb installer
boot from usb installer
unmount primary(boot drive)
terminal>diskutil list (to find boot drive id),diskXsY(disk0s1 example)
cd /volumes/usb (or name of your installer usb)
dd if=boot1h2 of=/dev/diskXsY bs=4096 <(replace XsY with the numbers for your drive)
reboot from hd worked great for me....
:thumbup:

edit3:
waiting for multibeast 8
only 2 issues unresolved
no ethernet or audio using usb devices for now
sound blaster usb for sound
zonet usb 802.11g wireless, both very cheap and work oob..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back