Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a closer look at the installation guide - third paragraph under "Before you Begin"...

"For the first time tonymacx86.com is recommending Clover as your default bootloader. If you have followed updates until OS X Yosemite using Chimera, check out Clover Basics and Switching Advice."

Follow the link for further instructions on existing Chimera.

My motherboard won't boot with a flash drive so I needed to partition a HDD. Saying 8gb or larger leaves you with options whether its a usb flash drive or HDD. I took that option (50gb, i thought the space would be handy for other files I may need to install at post or at a later date, Java for example), to no avail as it turned out. It would have been good to know what the limit is, especially if you do need to go out and buy a flash drive. Saying 16gb is recommended indicated a minimum size required for successful installation but doesn't suggest that their is an upper limit.

So, here is some clear advice....

"Purchase a usb2 compatible, 16gb flash drive. Using anything else may cause installation issues."

You could add for those that would not take in that clear advice (like me, because I can't use a usb flash drive)...

"If you are going to use a drive that is larger, for compatibility format with a 16gb boot partition, whether its a usb flash drive or HDD."

In big list of solutions el capitan install problems -->System freezes on bootSometimes (not always) booting verbose shows "Service exited with abnormal code: 255"Sometimes freezes on a white/gray screen with spinning beach ballTypically a failure to load FakeSMC.kextTry removing all numbered directories under EFI/CLOVER/kexts and putting FakeSMC.kext into kexts/Other/ (and if that works you can put additional kexts in there too). Putting things in Other/ won't work unless the numbered dirs are removed.If it's still not working, on the Clover screen, try selecting "Boot with injected kexts" and/or ensure config.plist has InjectKexts set to YESIf it's an upgrade and still not working, make sure you have a current version of FakeSMC.kext and/or remove any copy from /System/Library/Extensions/Might also be an unsupported Nvidia card: if so, try booting with nv_disable=1
I tried all the ways you said me and no luck. The screen is stucked on the White colour with the colorised ball and its thinking, never reached the installer. How to get the last FakeSMC file? Please help me. Thanks

Hello, I did legacy flash boot from instructions this post.
could you please help me fix next kernel panic?
64bf928919c5135a20062bd7a7b9ca1d.jpeg

My hardware is
CPU Intel e8500
Motherboard GA-EP35-DS3L
Video
GeForce 8600 GT
in bios set ACHI and
HPET to 64-bit mode

Got myself up and running after a lot of reading. Clover is very nice finally switch over. Took a little getting used to but everything seems to be working decent. Only issue I'm working on is sleep issues but other then that seems pretty stable. Thanks for your hard work for the community tony.

Hello, I did legacy flash boot from instructions this post.
could you please help me fix next kernel panic?
64bf928919c5135a20062bd7a7b9ca1d.jpeg

My hardware is
CPU Intel e8500
Motherboard GA-EP35-DS3L
Video
GeForce 8600 GT
in bios set ACHI and
HPET to 64-bit mode

Same issue for me :

CPU Intel q9550
Motherboard GA-EP45-UD3r
Video 640 GT
in bios set ACHI and HPET to 64-bit mode

Any clue welcome,
Thanks.

First off, thanks for the great and detailed post. I've managed to get EC installed and now need to tend to post-install optimizations but something's bothering me that I can't explain, maybe someone has an answer?

I have an old but EFI compatible Asus P8P67-M Pro MB. When I plug the USB drive prepared with Unibeast, I do get a "UEFI: drive name" in my boot options. However, when I install Clover on the EC drive, the new choice doesn't appear, as if the EFI partition wasn't scanned. I had to resort to add the boot option using the bcfg util in the shell, but this really has been puzzling me. Any idea why the boot option doesn't appear automatically while it does for the USB drive?

what about G1.Sniper Z97 ? i cant reach the installation screen of El Capitan, stuck in loading and monitor lost communication with pc . what to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back