Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be dual boot with my old Windows 10 and El Capitan after following this tutorial?

Not enough information about your current system to answer this. Please complete your profile by
listing all of your hardware, the current OS(s) you have installed and what boot loader you are using.
This is all outlined in the Rules section which you should read before posting.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Im sorry for my previous post, cause i was quote tutorial instead reply. :oops: I have question, do i need check Intel HD 3000 or leave it, my desktop have this graphic, but i also have gtx 760.
I have a GTX 760 graphics card and an Intel processor with HD4000 and have not had to remove my graphics card, OS X has recognized Captain smoothly

For my GA-Z77X-UP5 I had to follow the hack in

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ll-usb-boot-ga-z77x-up5-partially-solved.html

Otherwise I could see the Unibeast install writing over my screen memory which is always a bad sign!

The post install was as in Tony's post. I used my my timemachine backup to reinstall Apps and User data only. I left the other files just in case there were any compatibility issues and reinstalled anything else I needed.

My only issue at the moment is that Shutdown does a reboot rather than shutdown the machine.

For anyone who is not that unix proficient I would recommend waiting for the new multibeast to come out as it can be a bit fiddly on the post processing front compared with just using multibeast.

Last edited:
I don't understand why in Clover is GraphicsEnabler always yes in bothtwo possible configurations (UEFI or Legacy) that are offered.
I have a GTX 760 and I have right now GraphicsEnabler=no and IGPEnabler=no. Except some freezes from time to time (they started with 10.10.x) I get no other issue (in 10.9.x the options were off and I had no freezes).

Should I change the setting to off or leave it as it is by default? I plan to use NVidia web driver afterwards to test once more Dell UP2414Q at 4K and 60 Hz.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

All is running fine! i only have a little problem, how can i boot directly to the Os X El Capitan without the clover Screen? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 105
All is running fine! i only have a little problem, how can i boot directly to the Os X El Capitan without the clover Screen? Thanks!

Whether in CC or config.plist, under boot, change the default boot volume to match that of volume you want it to default to. This will have it sit at the Clover boot screen for the specified 'time out' and then boot to that volume automatically. :thumbup:

Whether in CC or config.plist, under boot, change the default boot volume to match that of volume you want it to default to. This will have it sit at the Clover boot screen for the specified 'time out' and then boot to that volume automatically. :thumbup:

In CC i can not see the volume that i want i only see this

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 303
FYI, "STEP 4: Install OS X El Capitan", point (6.), "for a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps (...)" is probably a bit too suggestive.

As of Unibeast 6.0.0 and El Capitan GM, the OS X Installer has only two requirements: a disk partitioned with the GUID Partition Table (GPT) scheme (as opposed to the "old" Master Boot Record (MBR) scheme) and availability of an "EFI System Partition" (in addition to an OS X destination partition). An MBR disk can be converted to GPT non-destructively using numerous tools (it does NOT have to be re-partitioned from scratch specifically with the OS X Disk Utility to be properly recognized by the OS X Installer). An "EFI System Partition" can be created under Windows - Disk Management, with the size of at least 250MB (some sources suggest 200MB), formatted as FAT32 and designated as a special-purpose partition with Windows diskpart command "set id=C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B". It does NOT have to be the very first partition on its disk, either (you can cut it out from any free space before an OS X destination partition). As a side note: the lack of an "EFI System Partition" is the cause of the famous "mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation" error reported by the OS X Disk Utility. Finally, an OS X destination partition can also be created under Windows - Disk Management (no Linux GParted needed) and identified as a HFS+ partition "placeholder" with Windows diskpart command "set id=48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC" (for more information about partition identifiers, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table). No pre-formatting to HFS+ with third-party tools is required: if an "EFI System Partition" is finally present, the OS X Disk Utility can be used from within the OS X Installer to simply re-Erase the "placeholder" OS X destination partition into a fully formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Surprisingly, the OS X Installer also automatically shrinks the chosen OS X destination partition by about 620MB to be able to create yet another partition, for recovery purposes. All preceding or following non-OS X partitions, including Windows Storage Spaces Protective Partitions, remain untouched.

Note that the story possibly gets more complicated if a disk to be converted from MBR to GPT contains a bootable Windows installation or if a GPT disk already contains an "EFI System Partition" that needs to be expanded to at least 250MB.

Hope this helps somebody,

Gary

In CC i can not see the volume that i want i only see this

Change MacHDD to whatever you have named your default drive, ('El Capitan' for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back