Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't use Enoch Chameleon, that installed before.
Need replace it to Clover.

Audio install from Yosemite Multibeast.

For avoiding black screen (out of range resolution) via Clover boot need setup GUI -> ScreenResolution -> 800x600

All please remember you need to remove developer and betas for unibeast 6 to make the final Mac App Store Release :crazy::crazy::beachball:

I have the GA-P55M-UD2 with Asus GTX 570. Any one successfully install El Capitan on it.
Please post steps by steps .
Thanks for all .

I have the GA-P55M-UD2 with Asus GTX 570. Any one successfully install El Capitan on it.
Please post steps by steps .
Thanks for all .

How did you overcome the nvidia issue?

I have the same M/B, and the same issue. Booting from USB drive shows a stop sign at around 75% completion, and the last message shown with -v option is the bluetooth controller thing.
So yeah, it would be interesting to know if anyone managed to complete boot with a Z77X-D3H motherboard.

I had this problem, and it was using the Aptio2Fix64 in the clover installer that solved it. I am using the Z77-D3H version. Currently sleep, restart, and shutdown do not function properly. Though I did an upgrade, so I need to try a fresh install. I found a file with 2 versions. A 2 added to the file name, so suspect that kext might be the issue. So I don't have it flawless. But it works great otherwise, other than the USB issues. But I have enough USB ports to not care.

I haven't tried with the installation yet, but this time I tried again with the 8GB USB, waiting though the progress bar didn't go on. Right-clicking and going to "Get info", I noticed that the amount of data was increasing as I closed/reopened the window, but not every time I did it. Sooo repartition your drive and try again, and this time wait until it finishes: it HAS TO do it...

James,

Yes, I did try it again and just left it. It took a tad over 20 minutes or so to finish, but it did finish. Worked fine. Needed to do a little troubleshooting after the installation, but got it working. Thank you for replying.

Z77+ATI HD7750 = black screen

I have a system with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with a videocard from Sapphire model HD7750 ( DVI+JDMI+DP ) .
It was working OK with Yosemite, Clover and Multibeast .
For a test, I build a new Pendrive with Unibeast 6.0 and El Capitan, and the instaler, after star booting OK, the bar runs fine, the monitor blinks and then got full black .
But the system appears to end the booting process fine ...
So, again testing, I changed the video card to my old and trustworthly Radeon 5750, and the instaler boots fine, I run it, the system reboot, post install, OK .
When I put back the 7750, again, back screen after initial boot OK .
This system was working OK with Clover, so, it is the custom made by the new Multibeast the one to blame here ?
If i get the clover from official site, it will work ??

Fábio Rabelo

Hard to know what customac series you fall into, tried searching a bunch but its a bit of a weird search. I've got EUFI but still feel like i might need to be using legacy with my gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / i5 2600k / nvidia 660ti 2gb. Is that true? Been battling all damn night with this :(

Thanks to all for their hard work on another great guide.

I initially attempted a direct upgrade to El Capitan on my Clover/Yosemite DevBox system, didn't go well so I opted for the clean install (which I probably should of done in the first place anyway). It was weird, lost the ability to boot anything if the main drive was connected, but was able to toss it in another system and re-partition the drive for the clean install. The unibeast clover install went on without a hitch and zero headaches. Issues I was seeing under Yosemite, such as network instability for large file transfers, etc, all appear to be resolved under El Capitan. All USB ports are acting properly, including the front panel USB3.0 ports (They never did work properly under Yosemite). Everything I've tested so far is working as it should. I'll let this install cook for a while and then make the move to El Capitan on my Hackenstein system.

Once again, thanks to all who worked on this guide and to the developers of Clover!

****EDIT 13-OCT-2015****
After a few days I began experiencing random kernel panics on start and shutdown, tracked down to the native Apple NVidia drivers. Installed the web drivers and all is well again...so far ;)

Chief

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back