Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job!
Only missing the nice Yonymacx86 theme with the cool icons. I selected the theme but i can not load the nice icons, just get the Apple icon with HFS in is :(
On chameleon in Yosemite it worked great! But the Clover theme is not working, how to get it work th good way??

to make a theme work on clover you need to do 2 things.

1st, of course you have to download and apply it to the nvram on the theme menu.
2nd, you have to tell clover to boot on this specific theme, on the boot menu check for
something called theme tittle, and edit it so it fit the theme name you downloaded/added

voila!

After the four days battle I won. Here are my experiences.
My PC:
GA-P67A-UD3,
i5-2500K,
GIGABYTE GTX 750 Ti Ultra Durable 2 OC 2GB

My MB is maybe 4 years old, but still I did not see any reason to change it. Legacy method of booting must be used. Until Nvidia web driver was not installed I used nv_disable=1.

I used CLOVER on Yosemite without any problem. So I expected the same for El Capitan.
I created USB using UniBeast. Then I strictly followed Tony's guide.

1st problem - after all Post Install Tolls were installed I cannot boot to newly installed OSX anymore. Even USB cannot find El Capitan disk. As I read in CLOVER documentation CLOVER try to find 1st active HFS partition. In my case it was EFI. But it was empty. Post Install Tools installed EFI directories to Macintosh disk. I booted to USB and via terminal I moved CLOVER EFI directory from Macintosh disk to EFI directory to EFI partition. USB still cannot saw it but system was bootable now directly from SSD disk.

2nd problem - all my attempts to boot ended with PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN. On Yosemite I deleted AppleACPIPlatform.kext and replaced it by the same from Mavericks. On El Capitan it is impossible. It looks like that old kext is incompatible with 10.11. My attempt ended with kernel panic. At the end I found solution by disabling USB3 in BIOS. I do not know where is the problem. Maybe it is wrong DSDT. But I used it 2 years (Mavericks, Yosemite - all OK).

At the end I added FakeSMC.kext ,RealtekRTL81xx.kext to /Library/Extensions and I installed audio using Clover ALC100 script and HDMI audio by installing HDMIAudio.kext. And I cannot forgot about nvidia web drivers of course.

So now my El Capitan is running perfectly except USB3.

Maybe it sounds easy but I installed and destroyed El Capitan maybe 20 times. :D

Sorry my english :)

At this point in time it seems Clover might as well not even be considered working, Ive been fighting with it for hours and as far as the UEFI installer it doesn't work at all on either of my computers, Legacy half works, but always freezes on Bluetooth Transport, They need to fix it, add the option to use Chimera, or switch back to Chimera until they can fix the issue, this is the worst attempt I've seen them do with Unibeast in a long time. I am highly disappointed :/

seems like your rig is using BIOS ( so only legacy will work on it ) then, you can use chameleon if you want, there's a version for el capitan just check google, but to be honest clover does a much better job ( only way to make imessage work ) and your actual problem is not coming from clover but from the fact that you get kernel panic when the OS start loading your video

Commands that helped me out:

Wipe EFI (in case you need to start over):
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

What is the "-v" argument? I can't find any documentation on that particular one with regards to "newfs".

I know this will probably get lost in the noise, but a great big thanks for this guide.

I had first attempted to perform the direct upgrade, but since I had a Fusion Drive the installer would not allow me to install. So I bit the bullet and installed from scratch, after separating my SSD and HDD. After restoring from my Time Machine backup, everything is working as before, even sleep. That last one was a pleasant surprise, as I read everywhere that AMD video cards had the display turned off on wakeup from sleep.

ACER Aspire 7720G: Installation (update from Chimera/Yosemite) went well. Thanks for a great work and guide! Everything works including BT, camera and Ethernet. The only problem is that internal keyboard and trackpad work only at Clover boot screen, but do not work in OS.

Thanks for everything , i managed to get it running , Unibeast flash drive somehow doesn't boot , The solution was to install yosemite with clover and update to el capitan like a real mac following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html , Thanks tonymac for that, i got everything working except audio , i downloaded the latest multibeast , But i get this error blow , My motherboard is Gigabyte H81M-H .

I would really appreciate any help thank you guys .

Untitled.png

Then install your alc kext using kext wizard

hello hacman, i saw u have the same board (h77n-wifi) as i do and was wondering have u upgraded it to el capitan and got all the usb to work, i seem to only have the usb3 working at the mo. if u have could u explain how??

thanks and hope u can help

Clean install without problems...
Core i7 3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
16 GB Corsair RAM
SoftRAID 5 (4x3TB)
OSX 10.11

Hi aunaste,
We have nearly the same config but I'm not be able to
- create the right boot device (I found some infos here and I tried to create the USB drive as described there)
- BIOS settings
- I plan also a fresh installation (and before I'll do that, I'll detach all my other HDDs from the MoBo (I've 3 installations at the moment: ML, Mavericks and Yosemite but all of them with Chimera and I don't have knowledge in using Clover))

Can you please help/support me and maybe some others too?

Thx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back