Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please post your help request in the appropriate thread/forum.

This topic is not a help thread, it's a guide.

Any future posts asking for help will be removed.

Clover Configurator is Evil

After ripping my hair out for most of the day trying to get a clean install up and running, I traced my issues to step "9. Your config.plist should auto-mount". For some reason this step kept overwriting my config.plist rendering my system unbootable. Make sure to load the config.plist using the File->Open menu, make any/all changes and save all at once. Once these changes are comitted run the audio_clover_ALC script and don't open Configurator anymore. So if you're having issues, make sure to make copies of the config.plist as you go so you can see if it gets overwritten. Things seem to be working well at this point Except for three issues:
1. The Clover menu seems to have a really low resolution, it doesn't seem to respect the 1920x1080 setting.
2. There's no default boot option set. People will have to dig out a non-bluetooth keyboard or mouse to make a selection.
3. Bluetooth is flakey after a reboot. My Apple Touchpad in particular is jerkey, won't recognize gestures, etc. Apple keyboard takes a minute or two to connect after a cold boot. Unplugging and re-plugging the bluetooth dongle fixes it.

-----------------------
Commands that helped me out:

Wipe EFI (in case you need to start over):
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

Mount EFI (so you can backup your config.plist in Finder):
mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Everything Works fine but look screenshot why this ?

[link]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 12.41.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 12.41.23 PM.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 344
This only seems to work for UEFI, not with the legacy boot approach. The script assumes you mount an EFI partition, whereas the legacy approach doesn't have a true EFI partition. That's my take one. Us legacy old farts need a way to get ALC working on our p55 type BIOS machines.

I had the same problem but i fixed
1) Make sure that the disk Label is ElCapitan and not El Capitan
2) Enable FixHDA in config.plist
3) Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)
Add this in config.plist above <key>SMBIOS</key>
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>
Save
4) Reboot
5) Run audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command
6) Reboot

:thumbup:

James,Did you have any success? I have tried several times and have the same problem you have. I find the USB device has only about 2.9 GBs of data stored. Far cry from the 7.5 GBs that should be there. I'm completely puzzled.
I haven't tried with the installation yet, but this time I tried again with the 8GB USB, waiting though the progress bar didn't go on. Right-clicking and going to "Get info", I noticed that the amount of data was increasing as I closed/reopened the window, but not every time I did it. Sooo repartition your drive and try again, and this time wait until it finishes: it HAS TO do it...

This only seems to work for UEFI, not with the legacy boot approach. The script assumes you mount an EFI partition, whereas the legacy approach doesn't have a true EFI partition. That's my take one. Us legacy old farts need a way to get ALC working on our p55 type BIOS machines.
I had the same problem but i fixed1) Make sure that the disk Label is ElCapitan and not El Capitan
This has now been fixed as posted by toleda here for legacy installs.

Followed all the instructions. I did a complete wipe, format and fresh install. Backed up from time machine and am good to go. One thing to add, more of a plan ahead thing, deauthorize the machine first then reauthorize it post install. My only quirk is the machine shows up as an iMac not the mac pro 3,1 I set it for in clover. I'll double check this tonight.

Im a happy camper. Thanks for the great instructions.

Jules

Hi for those people getting a "missing kernel/could not find kernel" error when trying to boot USB installer try creating USB as Master Boot Record/MBR instead of GUID. that worked for me. (For Legacy motherboards using BIOS)

After ripping my hair out for most of the day trying to get a clean install up and running, I traced my issues to step "9. Your config.plist should auto-mount". For some reason this step kept overwriting my config.plist rendering my system unbootable. Make sure to load the config.plist using the File->Open menu, make any/all changes and save all at once. Once these changes are comitted run the audio_clover_ALC script and don't open Configurator anymore. So if you're having issues, make sure to make copies of the config.plist as you go so you can see if it gets overwritten. Things seem to be working well at this point Except for three issues:
1. The Clover menu seems to have a really low resolution, it doesn't seem to respect the 1920x1080 setting.
2. There's no default boot option set. People will have to dig out a non-bluetooth keyboard or mouse to make a selection.
3. Bluetooth is flakey after a reboot. My Apple Touchpad in particular is jerkey, won't recognize gestures, etc. Apple keyboard takes a minute or two to connect after a cold boot. Unplugging and re-plugging the bluetooth dongle fixes it.

-----------------------
Commands that helped me out:

Wipe EFI (in case you need to start over):
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

Mount EFI (so you can backup your config.plist in Finder):
mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
There s a much easier way to mount the /EFI partition:

Code:
sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1

The diskutil command makes /Volumes/EFI and mounts the parition

Code:
sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1

This command unmounts the volume and removes /Volumes/EFI.

I have uploaded a modified version of Koen2X's EFI Mounter v2 in the Community Software download section. Here is the link EFI Mounter v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back