Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean install without problems. Final Cut Pro is much faster.
BruceX test:

Core i7 3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
16 GB Corsair RAM
SoftRAID 5 (4x3TB)
OSX 10.11

BruceX test: 17 sec

I have attempted the install twice with the same mobo as yours. Both times I had a bootable system. The first time I could never get any audio. The second time I had issues convincing Disk Utility to wipe my partition. On the second install I had the circle/slash on first reboot. On the second reboot I could never get the Finder to work. On the third reboot everything appeared to be working. I then managed to try the audio terminal patch, and later the native trim enable. I had to move my Bluetooth widget from a USB2 port to USB3, but as of now things seem pretty much operational, and Migration Assistant copied my Apps and profile from Mavericks.

I will probably use this install for a month or so before I reinstall clean to my primary fast SSD. It stays Mavericks for the time being as a backup. But I have to switch off UEFI to swap back.

Has anyone else noticed that massive number of font errors during the install if you open the log? It looks like possibly Apple has not implemented certain languages yet, and once they do the errors may disappear?

After using the Unibeast guide with Legacy Mode, installation went fine but i was only able to boot with my USB 2.0 32GB. Booting without USB it was showing "boot0af error", in Clover Install Log from USB there were "No Current Active Partition", so i dig a few threads and they all recommend formatting the usb to MBR.

So i did, but again was having the boot0f error after completing Post Installation... USB log shows that everything its fine now, but the log from Hard Drive boot it does have the same issue like the USB with GUID.

USB LOG:

Current Active Partition: 1

Stage 0 - Writting boot0af to /dev/disk2
/Volumes/USB/usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f /Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot0af -y /dev/disk2

Stage 1 - Writting boot1h to /dev/rdisk2s1
File system is HFS.
dd if=/tmp/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk2s1

Setup Active Partition to be: 1
New Active Partition: 1

Stage 2 - Written boot6 (x64) to /Volumes/USB/boot

Hard Drive Log (BOOT):

No Active Partition

Stage 0 - Writting boot0af to /dev/disk0
//usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f //usr/standalone/i386/boot0af -y /dev/disk0

Stage 1 - Writting boot1h to /dev/rdisk0s2
File system is HFS.
dd if=/tmp/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

Stage 2 - Written boot6 (x64) to //boot

Should i format my hard drive to MBR? Any help would be appreciated
Unibeast 6 was created from a Macbook Pro

Mount EFI partition , then run audio_cloverALC110 , enter password ....complete using terminal :thumbup:

This only seems to work for UEFI, not with the legacy boot approach. The script assumes you mount an EFI partition, whereas the legacy approach doesn't have a true EFI partition. That's my take one. Us legacy old farts need a way to get ALC working on our p55 type BIOS machines.

How do I remove evoreboot.kext after installation. (OS wont load, panic, then reboots)I aksed 2 pages ago, Im assiming this is something very simple, I just dont know how. Please somebody.

sorry for my impatience, i have some work i need to finish before the morning. When i started this this morning i didnt think id encounter such a problem

How do I remove evoreboot.kext after installation. (OS wont load, panic, then reboots)I aksed 2 pages ago, Im assiming this is something very simple, I just dont know how. Please somebody.

sorry for my impatience, i have some work i need to finish before the morning. When i started this this morning i didnt think id encounter such a problem

Please start a new thread in El Capitan Desktop support. You'll also need to put your specific
motherboard model in your system profile. This is the Desktop Guide forum, not the right
place to ask for help. Thanks in advance.

This only seems to work for UEFI, not with the legacy boot approach. The script assumes you mount an EFI partition, whereas the legacy approach doesn't have a true EFI partition. That's my take one. Us legacy old farts need a way to get ALC working on our p55 type BIOS machines.

Then install your alc kext using kext wizard

James,

Did you have any success? I have tried several times and have the same problem you have. I find the USB device has only about 2.9 GBs of data stored. Far cry from the 7.5 GBs that should be there. I'm completely puzzled.

I have this problem with UniBeast...

"Couldn't remove installation packages"

Anyone helps me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back