Status
Not open for further replies.
No i use fresh install using unibeast 6.0

So i set up my install on an usb stick with Unibeast 6 and these settings:
El Capitan
UEFI
Inject Nvidia.

Worked fine!
I tested booting from it in my existing and working Yosemite drive. Had to use nvda_drv=1 but it worked fine.
So i deleted (and copied to desktop) everything according to the Switching Guide and wanted to do the install.
Files deleted (or available) were:
EXTRA Folder
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext

But i am not able to boot the installation from the USB drive. Tried -x, nv_disable=1 and disabled the NVIDIA Inject. When i try to boot into the Yosemite install it doesn't work as well.
I'm getting a kernel panic. I'll atach the screenshots from panic and verbose. Does anybody have a clue why it doenst work? Any help is welcome.. :)

My rig is:
i5-2500k
GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI BIOS
MSI Nvidia GTX 970

Thank you for your help!

I think you need to put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 directory to overcome the error

This has got to be the easiest OS X install i have performed, complete in less than an hour. everything seems to be working.
iMessage, Sleep, sound, Geforce GTX 760 OOB
System specs:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-4790k-ga-z97x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-760-2gb.html

I did a clean install on another HD, for testing.
Thinking of following the guide to switch from Chimera to Clover.
Then doing a direct update

Thanks Tony

I installed as demonstrated in the guide and after downloading NVIDIA's web drivers everything works as expected.

I have only one little problem though - I edit my (correct) config.plist through clover configurator with my permanent boot flags but as I restart and reach Clover, my boot flags are not shown and I have to type them manually to boot properly.

What should I do?
Thanks Tony for this amazing guide and for everyone who'll help me!

can't get it to boot. Only thing I get is a kernel panic:

DSC02748.jpg

any ideas?

Also I have no idea how to get into the OS to change some settings because even my created UniBeast drive does not seem to post.

I installed as demonstrated in the guide and after downloading NVIDIA's web drivers everything works as expected.

I have only one little problem though - I edit my (correct) config.plist through clover configurator with my permanent boot flags but as I restart and reach Clover, my boot flags are not shown and I have to type them manually to boot properly.

What should I do?
Thanks Tony for this amazing guide and for everyone who'll help me!

You need to open clover configurator, mount EFI and use the config.plist from this partition.

Still no love for X58?

I can't enable it to shutdown properly without cpus=1 in Clover

You need to open clover configurator, mount EFI and use the config.plist from this partition.
I have nothing related to clover in my EFI partition, my clover installation in on my main drive in a folder called EFI

I think you need to put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 directory to overcome the error

I have the same error. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext already there.

> ls -la /Volumes/USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 7 user staff 238 Oct 3 10:04 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 user staff 306 Sep 26 19:19 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 user staff 102 Sep 26 19:19 AppleIntelE1000e.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 user staff 102 Sep 26 19:19 AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 user staff 102 Sep 26 19:19 FakeSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 user staff 102 Oct 14 2013 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 user staff 102 Sep 26 19:19 RealtekRTL8111.kext

I am having the exact opposite time with this. It was so rough, and so many bugs that I have gone back to yosemite for the time being. The guide was great, and it seems to function but for some reason I am having the damdest time keeping things functioning. I would get KP or the no boot symbol, a whole host of issues. I was performing a fresh instal with a blank SSD so I am not sure what to think.

Thanks again to the tonymac team as I know they have worked hard on this. I will be lurking in this thread, and maybe with another fresh SSD it will go better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back