Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte Z87 OC Force
16GB Ram
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280x

Will El Capitan work with my configuration? How to update to keep all my data?

Nice job!
Only missing the nice Yonymacx86 theme with the cool icons. I selected the theme but i can not load the nice icons, just get the Apple icon with HFS in is :(
On chameleon in Yosemite it worked great! But the Clover theme is not working, how to get it work th good way??

load theme using clover configurator and save ,or download clover theme http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/theme-database#Clover-Theme-Repository , mount EFI using clover configurator ...open theme folder and paste downloaded one :thumbup:

I'm having trouble getting to the Installer. After booting from the USB in Clover menu, the Apple logo with a progress bar appears but it just sits there and the progress bar never starts to fill. I have an ASUS x79 and an nVidia GTX 770. I tried using the nv_disable=1 and it does the same thing. I'm not sure what to try from here. I'm new to Clover. Are there other boot options that might help?

having some issues installing ALC codec on z97x-ud3h
please check the attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 14.59.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 14.59.02.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 117
Hey, everyone

I was just wondering if I'll need to do anything extra for my rig. This is what I have purchased and ready to hackintosh:

Intel i5 4570 ( had no issues doing Haswell )
Gigabyte B85-D2V (again, confirmed with no issues)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 (Never done a build with this before)
SSD
Three Monitors

Thanks in advance!

Not a problem .... Just out of curiosity :D thank you :thumbup:

Gigabyte X58A-UD7 up and running Mac OS X 10.11 with Clover r3270, directly from Apple AppStore and no need for USB installer.

I installed on one of my two machines, all went smoothly except i tried a new 4,1 Mac Pro first in clover config which did not work for me. I went back to 3,1 and it works now.... as a PLUS iMessage works for the first time for me without me changing anything. Great job to the team here !!!!! It seems to boot a bit slower than my Yosemite but i have not actually timed it.

So i set up my install on an usb stick with Unibeast 6 and these settings:
El Capitan
UEFI
Inject Nvidia.

Worked fine!
I tested booting from it in my existing and working Yosemite drive. Had to use nvda_drv=1 but it worked fine.
So i deleted (and copied to desktop) everything according to the Switching Guide and wanted to do the install.
Files deleted (or available) were:
EXTRA Folder
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext

But i am not able to boot the installation from the USB drive. Tried -x, nv_disable=1 and disabled the NVIDIA Inject. When i try to boot into the Yosemite install it doesn't work as well.
I'm getting a kernel panic. I'll atach the screenshots from panic and verbose. Does anybody have a clue why it doenst work? Any help is welcome.. :)

My rig is:
i5-2500k
GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI BIOS
MSI Nvidia GTX 970

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• kernelpanic.jpg
    kernelpanic.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 126
  • verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 128