Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I don't get the Clover Configurator. Where do I have to store the config plist? I can chose between two disks. Furthermore there is another Clover folder with a config.plist inside.

I don't know how to set this up, lol.

Built the USB and installed - went perfectly on an old H-320 series Lenovo Desktop, intel i-3.

Sound not working but I fixed that with the kext I was using for Yosemite, the H-320 uses ALC622 sound and this kext gives internal sound and HDMI sound by removing AppleHDA kext and installing a specially made VoodooHDA using kext wizard.

Wi-fi and everything working now but graphics.

Need a 5450 graphics kext(s) for El Capitan (68f9) unless someone knows of a way with the Yosemite kexts.

This new Clover way is nice ! I even have a recovery disk now !

Thanks, great work by all !

Whoops sorry, on the sound chip for the H-320, make that ALC 662 !

worked fine, but don't have any wifi and audio doesn't work :( anyone know a solution??

First Hackintosh install.

Worked fine.

Only Network isn't up as my Hackintosh's Position only allows Wifi and I just did a test install.

TBH there were more hassles installing El Capitan on my MacBook Pro Late 2014 Retina than the Hackintosh install. (Apples failure messages are a hoot and a half (There was an error) Very informative ):banghead:

Hi all, I follow all the procedure...created unibeast, installed el capitan (ugrading an old mavericks partition) boot from usb and did all required, even copy my old serial to clover (legacy)...
I'm gettin a kernel panic on boot :banghead::banghead::banghead:...any sugestion??? Big tks
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 189
Success with my set up.

GTX 970 + Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

First time ever using Clover (formerly on Multibeast).. it was actually a breeze -- used the same boot flags as before. The guide was definitely super well done.

I even have iMessage working natively with SMS push and everything. I didn't have to make any fixes.

However, I am wondering how can I permanently add the required boot flags for my system? Using Chimera before there was a file to add the flag to. Where can I do this on Clover?

Thanks in advance.

Hi benw36 I was wondering if you need to place a flag in order to reach the installer I have the same Graphics card but in the past I needed to place two flags npci=0x2000 and nv_disable=1 in order to be able to boot, did you do use this flags in your install? because all i can get is a not permitted sign, on x99 Gigabyte 5820K processor and GTX Windforce 970 Gigabyte Graphics Card, could you provide some feedback. and if you used the flags did you star typing after the dart=0 preestablish text or should I erase that text and start typing. because I try booth and none can take me further than a not permitted sign?

Alright I got this running on my X99 build. The USB installer I couldn't get to work. However I had a real Mac laying around so I pulled a spare SSD off the shelf installed onto that from the real Mac. Installed Clover and Post Install Tools onto that drive as well as VoodooTSync and my Nvidia drivers. Shutdown, and put the SSD into my X99 build and it booted with zero issues. Not sure why it wouldn't boot from the installer but after some research it seems common to have problems get X99 to boot from install media. Also DO NOT use the HaswellE Kernel patch in Clover, it works just fine without it. The only boot flags I have are nv_graphics=1 and npci-2000

Hi Einsteiniac I am trying to install from The NEW just released version of Unibeast and I am having a LOT of troubles I first see the clover Install window where it says Boot Mac OS from USB but when I hit Enter then I only reach a Not permitted sign, in black and white so I am going to try the same procedure as you mention in this post, but could you please help me answering this questions I gently ask you.

1º how do you install the Nvidia drivers? you launch the installer of the drivers just trageting the Hard Drive from your original mac and to the HD fresh new install? and thats it? and

2º about "DO NOT use the HaswellE Kernel patch in Clover" how can I avoid this did you mean when the system has booted? and is working on the config.boot.list preferences?

3º sorry to keep on doing more questions but the flags that I used in the past are npci=0x2000 and nvda_drv=1 when the GPU drivers are already install, are those flags the ones you are referring to?

Does this method work with x99 boards?
I keep getting a circle with a line through it when I try to use this to install El Capitan.
Used nv_disable=1

View attachment 153774

Exactly the same Problem here not being able to reach the installer, this x99 system is a great system but with several nightmares before being able to use it. Tonymac86 please save us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back