Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
for usb key that does not work with Unibeast

the terminal command to make the USB key

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ElCapInstaller --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

must name the usb ElCapInstaller
then mount the EFI partition, to put your efi folder, or creates an install with clover

I am having the exact same issue, confused.com. :crazy:

Does it takes ages for your progress bar to get 100% too?

I somehow managed to get into the installer but I can't use my mouse now. Do you guys had the same problem and know how to fix that?

for usb key that does not work with Unibeast

the terminal command to make the USB key

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ElCapInstaller --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

must name the usb ElCapInstaller
then mount the EFI partition, to put your efi folder, or creates an install with clover

Wow well thanks but actually my last try with a new 32gb USB worked after a reboot, i was surprised but it finally made it ! Oh and i was also able to install it in the MBR partition and it didn't erase my stuff or anything, it was like if i upgraded directly from the App Store which i didn't. The desperation have turned into Joy and happiness. !! I don't even have a single problem with drivers
Awesome

Is there any way to reinstall the Voodoo HDA that comes with this? I downloaded the newest version but apparently it doesn't work with this version of OSX.

Booted with USB Installer again and now the audio works for some reason (with static), but there is still no Voodoo HDA pref pane.

Now, booting without the USB there is no audio. I don't get it. There are no kext difference when booting with or without the USB, what am I missing here?

After trying a test install on a spare SSD, and reading through some of this thread, I think I will put El Cap on hold for just a bit. Probably the only two real issues I would have are audio and USB3. Sounds like even without the injection you can get some sort of audio on my ALC898. It didn't work for me with or without the injection, but I didn't try changing ports either. I bet in a few days or weeks, after Multibeast 8 comes out this process will go even smoother. Everything worked shockingly well for me with those two minor exceptions. This was my first attempt at using UEFI or Clover.

My disk utility didn't find any of the EFI partitions. But Clover Configurator found and mounted them. I did have to identify exactly which disk id number I wanted though. That can be found with disk utility or System Profiler. Also, when I used spotlight to find and open Disk Utility it tried to open the one from my Yosemite partition and that flashed a wrong version warning and then closed.

My disk utility won't find any disks - it just keeps spinning trying to load the disks - so I can't mount the EFI partition

mount EFI using clover configurator .....

Thank you so so much Tonymacx86, installation was easy... iMessage works oob :)

AsRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer
Intel i5 4690K
HD 4600
8GB DDR3 RAM
TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Installed everything works fine,i just have had to disable the USB 3.0 ports on BIOS if not it stuck on AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Aug 26 2015 17:05:49) AppleCredentialManager.

If anyone have an advice to solve this it will be appreciated.

Thanks to tonymacx86 and al the TEAM behind this great work.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back