Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can't find kext, press any key". I get this error while trying to boot the USB device. What can I do?

Great guide, everything works perfectly smooth (clean install).

I have only a question, is there anyway i can auto-boot directly to my OS hard drive from boot menu?

View attachment 153479
Of course. Use Clover Configurator. Note: You have to write the name of disk operating system loads from.
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 6.41.32 PM.png

Hi, I have 2 different problems.
One with gfx and one safe-mode.

some info about pc: I have a Radeon HD7770 and after Yosemite 10.10.2 I had to edit the AMDRadeonX4000.kext but worked, have 10.10.5 installed.

Now i try to install El captain on a new ssd, with other disks disconnected.

After creating Unibeast bootusb.
The actually install of El captain goes flawless, but on the first boot of the installed version if freezes; I think at the stage where it is trying to load the desktop.

booting with -v flag does not give any error. It freezes as described above.
I tried adding the Verde.kext to clover/kexts/10.11, this should have the same "effect" as editing AMDRadeonX4000.kext but gives the same problem.

When i try booting the system in safe mode with the -x flag but i get the following error: error allocating 0x30b9 pages at... ...type 2
I thought it had to do with OsxAptioFixDrv but adding this to the clover/drivers64UEFI does not allow me to boot with -x either, gives same error.

I have tried 2 ways to update, one was direct from Yosemite with the update (since i already had clover)
but then the system crashes direct on boot with kernel panics.

So on a fresh install;
I have tried injecting ATI, and load different frame buffers.
Chutoro seems to come the closest to desktop, even get to see the mouse arrow. but then the screen goes totally crazy it becomes blue with blocks on it. different frame buffers give either full blue screens or black or ****ed up screens.
I even edited the kext as i did in Yosemite, but then i get a blue screen too.

What else can I try?
and if som1 knows what is causing the safemode problem Im all ears:)

This is what I get after booting from USB:

What can I do?

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 261
I will agree with many of the members here. I, too, followed every single instruction to get EL CAPITAN working on my build. For the past 3 years, I was highly satisfied with Chimera/Unibeast to install updates until Yosemite. I was trying to install EL CAP on a new SSD so I wouldn't have to touch my current Yosemite SSD. While Clover may truly work for some, I presume the majority are scratching their balls in utter disappointment at using clover to load EL CAP. I will keep my system on Yosemite for the moment until (hopefully) Tonymac or macman can get to iron out the problems with clover/unibeast installation. I do appreciate all the work put into this. Two things may happen if I can't get EL CAP to load trouble free on my system: 1. Buy a bloody expensive Mac or 2. Go windows 10 or Linux :(

success full Hackintosh need patience !! so read the Guide again and again , then try using separate hdd for os x El Capitan . Don't give up .......happy hacking :)

Hi, I have 2 different problems.
One with gfx and one safe-mode.

some info about pc: I have a Radeon HD7770 and after Yosemite 10.10.2 I had to edit the AMDRadeonX4000.kext but worked, have 10.10.5 installed.

Now i try to install El captain on a new ssd, with other disks disconnected.

After creating Unibeast bootusb.
The actually install of El captain goes flawless, but on the first boot of the installed version if freezes; I think at the stage where it is trying to load the desktop.

booting with -v flag does not give any error. It freezes as described above.
I tried adding the Verde.kext to clover/kexts/10.11, this should have the same "effect" as editing AMDRadeonX4000.kext but gives the same problem.

When i try booting the system in safe mode with the -x flag but i get the following error: error allocating 0x30b9 pages at... ...type 2
I thought it had to do with OsxAptioFixDrv but adding this to the clover/drivers64UEFI does not allow me to boot with -x either, gives same error.

I have tried 2 ways to update, one was direct from Yosemite with the update (since i already had clover)
but then the system crashes direct on boot with kernel panics.

So on a fresh install;
I have tried injecting ATI, and load different frame buffers. Chutoro seems to come the closest to desktop, even get to see the mouse arrow. but then the screen goes totally crazy it becomes blue with blocks on it. different frame buffers give either full blue screens or black or ****ed up screens.
I even edited the kext as i did in Yosemite, but then i get a blue screen too.

What else can I try?
and if som1 knows what is causing the safemode problem Im all ears:)
Same situation with me, for now I gave up trying.

For some reason I can't even get into the OSX installer. The system just reboots after the progress bar finishes loading (after I chose boot Mac OS X from USB).

Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 7
i5 4690K
GTX 970 (disabled for the moment, IGFX enabled)
VT-d disabled, secure boot disabled, other os, AHCI etc.
2 SSD's one dedicated to El Capitan
EUFI no injections chosen during media creation with UniBeast.

edit 1:

passing nv_disable=1 as a parameter to the boot loader seemed to work. I'm now in the installer.

edit 2:

I have installed the NVIDIA drivers also my GTX 970 dual monitor setup works fine!

yesterday i started the install on my mackintosh Z87x-ud3h.

using internal HD4600

all went ok.

the only thing i feel that i got some delay when starting programs.
its much less responsive .

my older Yosemite install is much quicker.(MultiBeast/UniBeast install).

the only thing that's different is my yosemite is installed on SSD , and the El Capitan on HDD.

my question , since i am a newbie in clover , do i need some settings to pimp my performance ?
or is it just the difference SSD versus HDD that i feel ?

also the problem of my alc898 is still there ( works for a little time and then pops to sleep , when scrolling volume up and down it sometimes goes back working)

I was able to boot from the USB only once. For some reason the install failed and when I tried to boot again from the USB it didn't boot at all--not that it gave some error after some time, just at boot time when I chose the USB option it didn't boot.

I was able to install using the following steps:

Created a second partition on the SSD with Yosemite.
Cloned everything from the first to the second using CCC.
Install Clover to the EFI partition of the SSD.
Tested that it's able to boot the first Yosemite install--I was surprised that it booted. Didn't remove any kext from the S/L/E as some of the guides suggest.
Booted the cloned yosemite, it booted fine too after I created the recovery partition using CCC.
Upgraded from within the cloned Yosemite to El Capitan. Had to use nv_disable=1 in option for it to start. Yes. I had to delete the EvOreboot kext from the S/L/E to boot into the OS on the second restart--after upgrade was complete from the Install partition that the upgrade creates.
Installed the nvidia webdriver and supplied the nvda_drv=1 using the clover configurator.

Everything is working great as far as I can tell. First time using Clover, but finally made the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back