Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a fresh UEFI install on an Asus P8Z77-V LX and ran into a few problems. I can boot from USB fine but

1. booting without USB gives me error messages "Media test failure, Check Cable. Reboot and select proper boot device" before Clover loads. I have enabled EUFI in the BIOS.
2. There are two config.plist files on my EFI mount. How do I know which one to edit?
3. I cannot save changes made to config.plist. It says files cannot be permanently saved to this device.

any help would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me. Just let it be. It took about an hour.

If I try to update from the Appstore (Yosemite 10.10.3, Chimera) it hangs after I press the first 'reboot' button of the El Capitan installation window. Any solutions?

Hy all

Névtelen-1.jpg Névtelenll.jpg

Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cpu: Intel Core i5 4590
Intel HD 4600

http://ark.intel.com/products/80815/Intel-Core-i5-4590-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

Install El Capitan

BIOS Features

Fast Boot= Disabled
Limit CPUID Maximum= Diabled
Execute Disable Bit= Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology= Disabled
VT-d= Disabled
Windows 8 Features= Other OS
Boot Mode Selection= Legacy First

Peripherals
XHCI Mode= Auto
Audio Controller= Enabled
Intel Processor Graphics= Enabled
Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology= Disabled
Legacy USB Support= Enabled
XHCI Hand-Off= Enabled
EHCI Hand-Off= Enabled

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a ....

What could be the problem???

Tried to install EL Capitan. Followed the guide. After the restart I chose "USB" but then I get the error

"Can't find KEXT, press any Key" and the computer restarts.

Well so far the upgrade has been very unpleasant - and to put it mildly a big :thumbdown:

Yes, I backed up so that was a blessing BUT ...

Firstly I created my install UniBeast stick without a problem and installed El Capitan. Excellent.

Then the problems began.

I couldn't successfully install Clover - as per instructions and files - on my SSD. Yes, the files copied over but the system would not boot, instead continually crashing, often getting an ACPI error. Even using the full Clover installer, not the cut-down one, didn't help.

I could only boot to Safe Mode via UniBeast and choosing the SSD. Half of the hardware, it appears, wasn't working correctly in Safe Mode, but that is as you'd expect.

So far no amount of research has got me to a comfortable desktop. So my advice would be to hold off until MultiBeast 8 comes along. Currently MB 7.5 simply crashes under El Capitan.

Yes, I have been able to explore El Capitan but the lack of Graphics Acceleration makes everything jittery. Incidentally, DiskUtil is very much dumbed-down now and a shadow of its former self (the Terminal command still works as before though).

Worst of all, something here wrecked my motherboard BIOS/UEFI. To recover and boot from anything at all, to get it to even see my drives, required a case-open and CMOS Reset. That restored functionality.

I have now removed the Clover boot files and restored my Yosemite set-up.

I know it seems so many are reporting success - but I suspect that this may be due to one of two things:

1) Luck!

2) The ones reporting failure now have crippled machines they can't report anything with!

From my perspective, despite modern opinion, MultiBeast is/was the much better installation option. Tonymacx86 and MacMan created something very special there. Clover may be closer to a real Mac in operation but is too finicky and arcane at the moment.

I don't know what caused the release delay for MultiBeast 8 is BUT I will keenly await its arrival before trying this again. It is more open, visual and user-friendly right now.

To all fellow Hackintoshers I say "Good luck!" :)

Hello everybody
Thanx Tony for this guide and everything on this website.

On my main machine I have a H87 D3H mobo with i7 4770 CPU and 8Gb of ram (Crucial) all compatible stuff from previous buyer's guide plus a ATI HD5850.

First of all this is a personal testing process and I'm not responsible of anything. I tried hard the process described on the guide but in my case it just didn't work after several attempts and many hours. I followed the guide and took the advice and didn't get frustrated :)

I've tried hard and several times following the guide line by line but it didn't work, so instead I did this:
- First I've done a backup of everything, of course, very important step !
- Downloaded El Cap from App Store
- Compressed it for later use (after the installing process OS X automatically delete the installer)
- Keeped the original installer on the Applications folder and put the compressed file on another drive.

- Created the Unibeast 6 thumb then reboot using the Unibeast thumb and successfully boot to Yosemite 10.10.5 which was installed previously and running like a charm (it was installed with previous versions of Unibeast/Multibeast). This step is important and let you know if using clover is working or not with your actually config and settings. If not working just remove the USB thumb (+reboot) and everything should work normally.

- Downloaded Clover from source forge and installed it on the HDD.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

- Removed the EXTRA directory from the root of the HDD (not needed anymore because using clover to boot instead of chimera). Did not remove anything from system/library/extensions.

- Reboot successfully and worked flawlessly with clover (Sound, Network, everything still working).

- Installed the downloaded Clover on the USB thumb done before with UNIBEAST.

- Keep the USB thumb connected.
- Launched from the Launchpad the El Cap installation app then wait for reboot.
- Boot from the USB thumb.

- After boot choose the automatically created "Installation Drive" on the Clover boot menu.
- The installation process went automatically rebooted once continued install and then back automatically to the OS X desktop.
- Took from previous Multibeast 7.5 the ALC892 pkg and the Inter1000e network driver and launch those.
- Everything works perfectly now.

Hope this will help to improve the installation process and help someone there.

At this point in time it seems Clover might as well not even be considered working, Ive been fighting with it for hours and as far as the UEFI installer it doesn't work at all on either of my computers, Legacy half works, but always freezes on Bluetooth Transport, They need to fix it, add the option to use Chimera, or switch back to Chimera until they can fix the issue, this is the worst attempt I've seen them do with Unibeast in a long time. I am highly disappointed :/

They can't just "switch back" to a different bootloader, at the moment the only way to run El Capitan is with Clover. They don't need to fix anything at all and there is nothing wrong with their attempt just because it doesn't work for you.

UniBeast 6 has run perfectly for me doing a clean install from Clover Yosemite installation.

I will agree with many of the members here. I, too, followed every single instruction to get EL CAPITAN working on my build. For the past 3 years, I was highly satisfied with Chimera/Unibeast to install updates until Yosemite. I was trying to install EL CAP on a new SSD so I wouldn't have to touch my current Yosemite SSD. While Clover may truly work for some, I presume the majority are scratching their balls in utter disappointment at using clover to load EL CAP. I will keep my system on Yosemite for the moment until (hopefully) Tonymac or macman can get to iron out the problems with clover/unibeast installation. I do appreciate all the work put into this. Two things may happen if I can't get EL CAP to load trouble free on my system: 1. Buy a bloody expensive Mac or 2. Go windows 10 or Linux :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back