Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. USB can't work。when choose language。 they said edit dsdt can fix it。when i put my dsdt(download form download center)in AHCI/patched ,it show forbiden icon。 how can i sloved it? by the way ,the dsdt works well on yosemite。
moterboard:ga-p55a-ud3r
cpu:i5 760

Hi all, P55 motherboard owner here. As you may guess owners of this motherboards have major USB issues that still haven't been fixed (yet, i hope). Issue is simple: USB is not working properly, you can't do fresh installation because you can't use keyboard or mouse. Yet you can upgrade your current Yosemite and you'll start to have same issues, so you can't use the OS at all.
When there was a public beta, i've managed to use my DSDT that fits perfectly to Yosemite (Everything works fine with it), but it isn't working with El Capitan, and i've had 1 or 2 USB ports working after all. I believe there is a way to make all USB ports working, but where to edit/patch something and how? Is it something to do with DSDT or the kexts?

Hi all, P55 motherboard owner here. As you may guess owners of this motherboards have major USB issues that still haven't been fixed (yet, i hope). Issue is simple: USB is not working properly, you can't do fresh installation because you can't use keyboard or mouse. Yet you can upgrade your current Yosemite and you'll start to have same issues, so you can't use the OS at all.
When there was a public beta, i've managed to use my DSDT that fits perfectly to Yosemite (Everything works fine with it), but it isn't working with El Capitan, and i've had 1 or 2 USB ports working after all. I believe there is a way to make all USB ports working, but where to edit/patch something and how? Is it something to do with DSDT or the kexts?

how to make my usb2.0 work ? even 1 or 2. my dsdt make install error . i don't know why ...

I get this error....
When booting from usb, please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 509
hi there

i have a problem

There was an error creating your unibeast drive: Couldn't modify plist :|

i want make bootable (El Capitan) usb to install on asus board PC . im using Macbook pro ME294

please help . tnx
Format the USB as GUID partition interface. You are in Master boot partition. That's why you get this error.

Install went great but cannot get past this once it restarts. Any help?
Once you installed OS, you must enter it through the USB Boot loader. Not OS boot loader. because it's note yet to be used properly. So you have to get into boot menu and enter by USB. Then you will fix the OS boot loader as usual.

All working perfect for me except audio. I've got Realtek ALC 887 but don't know how to make it work. I'm a beginner in Mackintosh so my knowledge is very limited... Can someone help me? Thanks
Did you run the *.command file ? that will fix the problem BUT you should have copy the RealtekALC887.kext file to the /Library/Extension/ directory.

I am glad that You made such an amazing how-to!
Thank You very much.
I was able to switch my Z77X-UD5H from previous Chameleon based Yosemite to Clover El Capitan. Wasn't seamless but with Your Guide it worked.
First my chameleon Yosemite won't boot, so i decided from another mac mini to create via Unibeast a new USB with Yosemite and clover. Checked all the bios settings. my Mobo won't boot from my normally used USB 3.0 Port. Had to check all of them and one did work and i was able to get it by F12, but still no boot into clover. In Bios i disabled all other discs for boot, only the USB and tataaaaaa it works like a charm.
Yosemite could be installed, al my data were there.
Next step, keen enough did the same procedure with El Capitan and as well: Success. But during install, one time the install process aborted. No worries, i restarted it and it works like a charm.
Post Installation procedure with all necessary files etc, did work. Only Audio needed some second attempt.
Be sure to mount the EFI part, otherwise the script will not work. Now i have:
- working El Capitan with sound and sleep and boot is tremendous faster with Clover than with Multibeast.

Can recommend: do the switch and You will be happy!

Thanks again, You are the best!

That's the error from the USB bootloader. Anyway, I got around it using legacy because the other is way too problematic on all 4 of our hacks, but El Capitan is still too broken to bother with right now going from this guide. I'll just wait until Multibeast is finished and try again.

Didn't work on any of our 4 setups, but thanks for the guide nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back