Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this upgrade work fine if I am dual booting currently with Chimera? Dual booting separate drives. SSD is for Yosemite OS and an HDD that is partitioned for Windows. Will it be fine just upgrading over my current Chimera bootloader?

"Prepare for OS X El Capitan by backing up and removing your existing bootloader and extra files. This is an optional step for UEFI users- Clover and Chimera can co-exist on most UEFI-capable systems by choosing UEFI or Legacy mode for the drive at boot time."

From Clover Basics and Switching Advice

Find this at Installation ➔ The Basics

No luck with creating OS X El Capitan disk on "Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEF1 U1C bios" from El Capitan Clover Install USB that I created successfully.
Tried every boot option and settings with no luck, any suggestions appreciated.

I use this same chipset and have successfully installed El Capitan using the Clover Unibeast.

I was not successful initially because my UEFI U1C bios was set to boot Legacy only. It needs to be set up to boot UEFI or UEFI and Legacy. Setting Optimized Defaults will likely change this setting to UEFI and Legacy.

Once you make this change in the bios, and invoke the bios boot menu, you will see your UNIbeast USB listed prefaced with a "UEFI:". Choose this to boot from.

What would be great is if someone with more skills than myself made a Guide to upgrade the 2011 CustoMac Mini to 10.11, ideally from 10.9. I never bothered to upgrade to 10.10.

Processing UniBeast now.

Anyone here use usb 8gb or 16gb ? coz i use 8gb always fail.
Why TONYMAC didn't make Unibeast 6 like unibeast 5 with chimera bootloader (simple & easy use) ?
Clover is good but piece of ****!

Please...please...please, TONYMAC....make a UNIBEAST 6 w/Chimera bootloader

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.35.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 9.35.34 AM.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 140
Why TONYMAC didn't make Unibeast 6 like unibeast 5 with chimera bootloader (simple & easy use) ?

Clover works just fine, if you read how to set it up. Don't blame Tony because you dont want to read and follow the guide. That's just being lazy and complaining because someone else wont do the work for you.

You issue is either a bad USB stick or an issue on the system you are running UniBeast.

Why no Chimera was previously answered.

Use a different USB stick. It worked for me (after getting that error).

Hey what did you click on the graphics setting in unibeast app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back