Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang can't get unibeast to even boot, quick /s something and then hard reboots. Yosemite works fine... my stuffs old but hey still works...

Following Tony's message to refer support to El Capitan's support Forum, I found the thread relating to my MB and searched through it. The person who has the same MB as me obtained a solution while working with another member. He provided his Clover install file which I downloaded and used his Config.Plist in my own Clover install. I booted with my Clover USB El Capitan installer and when the install screen appeared I was joyfully greeted with mouse and keyboard use. I am now presently installing El Capitan. I'm hoping all will be fine with the install afterwards. Thanks to the members on the Forum for providing the solution.

I am also having the same issue in trying to do a fresh install on a new hard drive. I do know that in the past there have been similar probs in getting mouse and keyboard to work with these older MB's. I've done a search on those solutions and tried to work them into Clover but with no success yet. It's impossible to install OSX without any keyboard or mouse support.

I can get to the El Capitan install screen but cannot do anything else with no input capabilty. I've tried placing the DSTD for my MB downloaded from this website into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched but doesn't make any difference. I tried using the DSTD from my Mavericks install to the same prior Clover directory and still no difference. I am stumped presently.

Tony, is there any way of choosing Legacy USB support in Unibeast like there use to be (I think)? I don't see any options for this. Can you lead me to the proper way of enabling USB Mouse & keyboard support on older MB's.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 with an older i5 750 CPU. Mavericks works awesome on this system, never did an update to Yosemite. I also use a MacBook Pro which obviously updated to El Capitan flawlessly...LOL.

Hoping someone has a solution.

Thanks for the tutorial.
Everything went fine except that I had to rewrite my old EFI Chimera partition entirely from Unibeast USB install using dd.

But I have some issues with "SATA controller" - in System Information/SATA-SATA Express I got this:

> There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices.

All my drives are working fine but I can't access SMART data and enable TRIM. Any ideas ?

Hi,
Can you do a new tutorial for dual boot with OS X el capitan and windows 10 in the same or different hdd with unibeast 6.0? I have some problems with partitions and windows 10 installation.
thanks for your job and sorry for my english!!

hello i get this if I try boot from os x el capitan and os x yosemite It's okay boots up normal I use clover

motherboard asrock b85m cpu intel g3240 I use Fake CPUID 0X0306A0

/Users/kennannan/Desktop/thumb_IMG_0788_1024.jpg

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0788_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0788_1024.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 315
I got the same issues... I can´t boot in el capitan within clover after rebooting

Will this upgrade work fine if I am dual booting currently with Chimera? Dual booting separate drives. SSD is for Yosemite OS and an HDD that is partitioned for Windows. Will it be fine just upgrading over my current Chimera bootloader?

No luck with creating OS X El Capitan disk on "Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEF1 U1C bios" from El Capitan Clover Install USB that I created successfully.
Tried every boot option and settings with no luck, any suggestions appreciated.

Hello, I'm new here... When I download the El Capitan post-install tools, Avast detects it and blocks the rest of the download. Is this a false positive? I just want to be sure, better safe than sorry...

Yes, that is a false positive, we have checked all the software and there is no risk in
downloading any of those tools. Just temporarily disable avast and then download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back