Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started creating the unibeast usb at 1 pm , it's 3 pm now and still not done, usb 2.0 . am i doing anything wrong or what???

View attachment 153143
Troubleshooting: see Console/Files/~/Library/Logs/UniBeast.log
Installer size is 7.49 GB, not all 8GB drives are what they claim

Likely:
Code:
10/01/15 12:18:21 - Starting UniBeast 6.0.0-20150930
10/01/15 12:19:11 - Mounting Volumes...
10/01/15 12:19:43 - Copying Files...
10/01/15 12:25:12 - Detaching Volumes...
10/01/15 12:25:13 - Installing Bootloader...
10/01/15 12:25:16 - installer: Package name is Clover v2.3k r3270 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/USB
installer: The install failed (The volume “USB” is out of space.)
err
10/01/15 12:25:16 - installer --- installer: Package name is Clover v2.3k r3270 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/USB
installer: The install failed (The volume “USB” is out of space.)

Having trouble downloading UniBeast with Safari. The download starts but instantly gets an error and stops.

Tried to download with Windows 10 and Chrome. This time the download happens, but I get a network error message after the download and there will be nothing in my downloads folder. The same ting happens with the El Capitan post installation tool download as well. Anybody with the same issue?

Error on creationg th USB, guys, please help.
"There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy base system"

console says

Code:
0/01/15 23:14:55 - Starting UniBeast 6.0.0-20150930
10/01/15 23:15:38 - Mounting Volumes...
10/01/15 23:15:40 - Copying Files...
10/01/15 23:57:25 - Couldn't copy base system

and thats it(

Cant fully understand Ihan's approach on the previous page, could you please clarify that. Thanks.

EDIT

Possible flash drive failure& Will try another one tomorrow

Thanks a lot first time with clover and it was a breeze, your tutorial was spot on, gigabyte z97 ud5 here and gtx 780, everything working apart from audio just got to sus out how you install that for clover then bobs ya uncle job done. Thank guys.

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 2.37.59 PM.png

many thanks

success with

ga-z77
ga gtx 970

:)

everything work good but cant get ps/2 keyboard work

and any advice about how to install sound voodoohda 2.7.2 vt2021

???

thanks

View attachment 153197

many thanks

success with

ga-z77
ga gtx 970

:)

everything work good but cant get ps/2 keyboard work

and any advice about how to install sound voodoohda 2.7.2 vt2021

???

thanks

Try putting the voodoo kext in the extension folder

"P-State Stepper Error 18 At Step 2"

This is actually an oversight I bet. You can NOT generate C or P states on a 4790k. that worked on 4770k or older but if you try to generate those states on a 4790k it will never boot. Those flags can be disabled in the config file easy enough. It sounds like they are on by default in unibeast config though? They probably need to be killed.

Success with my set up.

GTX 970 + Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

First time ever using Clover (formerly on Multibeast).. it was actually a breeze -- used the same boot flags as before. The guide was definitely super well done.

I even have iMessage working natively with SMS push and everything. I didn't have to make any fixes.

However, I am wondering how can I permanently add the required boot flags for my system? Using Chimera before there was a file to add the flag to. Where can I do this on Clover?

Thanks in advance.

Success with my set up.

GTX 970 + Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

First time ever using Clover (formerly on Multibeast).. it was actually a breeze -- used the same boot flags as before. The guide was definitely super well done.

However, I am wondering how can I permanently add the required boot flags for my system? Using Chimera before there was a file to add the flag to. Where can I do this on Clover?

Thanks in advance.

@ALL:
Thanks to everyone for posting your results- but if you have issues, please create a support thread in El Capitan Desktop or Laptop Support.

www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/
www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/

@benw36-
If you used UEFI, you need to mount your EFI partition first, then navigate to EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, and add any special flags to the Boot/Boot Args section.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/171680-clover-basics-switching-advice.html

, I am wondering how can I permanently add the required boot flags for my system? Using Chimera before there was a file to add the flag to. Where can I do this on Clover?

Thanks in advance.

EFI / Clover / Config.plist . you can edit using text edit, if you are not familiar with Clover Configurator :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back