Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that the Disk Utility screenshots are still from Yosemite :D

Good news, thanks for the tutorial!

Just to be safe: a fresh install on a new SSD should leave my current (Chimera) Mavericks install intact, right?

First I must say: Great tutorial!:D

BUT: I am having issues with booting from the USB and I'd be pleased if someone could help me.
At first, the OS X on the USB did not boot, it just restarted while booting.
Then, when I tried to boot with -v, I got the following error:
"P-State Stepper Error 18 At Step 2" and a kernel panic.

I guess it might be the CPU (i5-2500K) that might cause the trouble.
Already set the UEFI Settings of my MoBo (GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, U1D) to the recommended settings of the tutorial;

As I am not so familiar concerning CPU problems, I really look forward to your reply!

Thanks.
himalayaLux :rolleyes:

Great job! Thanks a lot.

please Works on the ATI cards R7 370X & 380X ??? :shifty::shifty:

I am just curious. I am currently using the SMBIOS 14,1 but i have weird crashes/logouts with my system. I know it has something to do with my GTX 285s. I currently have inject NVIDIA selected and everything appears to boot fine; however, as stated above i get weird crashes/logouts and some weird patches of pixels. I never saw this with Yosemite. Could this be related to the SMBIOS? Should i install the nvidia webdrivers?

I have no Mouse/keyboard/Usb after boot the usb installer. I can't do the installation.

I also tried to boot my yosemite partition with clover (I use chimera) and usb still not working.

USBBusFix=Yes doesn't works.

Mobo: H55m Ud2h

i have a question regards to the nvida GPU's . at the end of the guide you mentioned that for those who got newer gpus , they should consider download and install those driver.
my question is like that. if i do have gtx 750 ti and i know that i will need to use those drivers .
what would i need to pick at the creation of the installer when it comes to the graphic options .
i mean , in unibeast i have 3 option which none of them helping me and atleast for the installation i need something to pick before installing the nvidia drivers.
so should i pick my intel built in gpu , or none and just install the nvidia after completing the installation.
iam way noob to understand this myself and could use some hint here.
and if i do need to install the intel gpu first and then the nvidia one . should i disable the intel one after wards ?

I'm going to attempt this in a blank platter first, but what are the guidelines for updating an existing Hackintosh built with Chameleon? MB EX38-DS4 legacy BIOS. Nvidia GTX 560 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back