Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to the option of user DSDT in multibeast? Was present up till 10.11.x

This kinda makes Clover the only method if using DSDT.

What's happened to the option of user DSDT in multibeast? Was present up till 10.11.x

This kinda makes Clover the only method if using DSDT.
Clover seems to eliminate the need for a DSDT unless you have a 1st iCore (5-series motherboard) system. I could help you more but...

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

This did NOT work for me (on my old non-UEFI legacy system) when I chose "GUID Partition Table" when formatting the USB. The system would just hang when trying to boot from USB.

But after re-formatting as MBR ... now it seems to be loading. Is this a typo?

At the OSX installer now, wish me luck...

UPDATE: SUCCESS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone update the guide to say that for certain older mobos (like my GA-X58A-UD3R) you need to use MBR formatting on the USB! This wasted hours and hours for me.

Hey there, I've looked thru some pages but couldn't find an answer. I've managed to install El Capitan with latest Unibeast-Clover over Yosemite that had Chimera. Almost everything is working fine. The issue I'm having is that when booting usually it reboots by itself one or 2 times before stabilising. I've tried messing in the Bios and also look at Big List of Solutions. Any help will be very appreciated.

I am new and trying to get a Hackintosh working. The issue is that all of the Mac computers I have access to are already upgraded to El Capitan. Does someone know how to download the El Capitan installer from within El Capitan?
Log into the Apple Mac App Store. Use Option-click on the Purchases tab/button. You should see your downloaded apps including your OS X installations.

Best forum members.
Maybe you guys can help me with Unibeast.
UniBeast are still freeze during installing ??
Thanks ;)

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I probably will anyway.

I am trying to Hackintosh a current PC that has a Windows 10 installation. I had a spare hard drive laying around and threw it in to my build. Is it possible to install El Capitan on that drive, and will my Windows files be erased/corrupted during the installation process (even though the files are not being written over anyway)? I also have a spare storage drive that I use, and am wondering if it too might be affected by installing OS X on a totally different drive.
Thanks.

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I probably will anyway.

I am trying to Hackintosh a current PC that has a Windows 10 installation. I had a spare hard drive laying around and threw it in to my build. Is it possible to install El Capitan on that drive, and will my Windows files be erased/corrupted during the installation process (even though the files are not being written over anyway)? I also have a spare storage drive that I use, and am wondering if it too might be affected by installing OS X on a totally different drive.
Thanks.
See the guides in the Multi-Booting forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

I do have attached configuration, Yostemite working great but its not able to install El Capitan. I have followed each steps mention here but after selecting usb for installation system keeps restarting from Apple logo. I have used clover to install El capitan. It was allowed to use GraphicsEnabler=True but do you have any idea which option should I use ?

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back