Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Tried to install El Captain on 2 usb stick, on both the Format tab is disabled, so I'm stuck at Step 2.4
STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast
Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Follow each step to the letter.
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
151384d1442521059-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc-createusb.png

4. Click on the Partition tab

any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Tried to install El Captain on 2 usb stick, on both the Format tab is disabled, so I'm stuck at Step 2.4
STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast
Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Follow each step to the letter.
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
151384d1442521059-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc-createusb.png

4. Click on the Partition tab

any help?

I'm stuck on this step as well. This is what I see
6XJSjmG.png

The partition tab is greyed out and does not let me select it..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck on this step as well. This is what I see
6XJSjmG.png

The partition tab is greyed out and does not let me select it..

Hey, try clicking on the "ADATA USB FLASH..." drive from the left (the one with the arrow on it)... I wasn't able to partition mine for a while until I realised that I wasn't clicking on the drive as a whole, only a pre-existing partition...

Last edited:
Hello

I have decided to update to OS X 10.11.3 (fresh reinstall) my desktop system (gigabyte z97x ud7 TH) that was running Mavericks and Yosemite just perfect

I have followed the guide (as always) but I am facing that I cant even get to the installer

First i make the USB Unibeast Drive, with UEfi mode and nothing else, when it finishes I get to clover screen and press enter to get to the OSX installer but it hangs and a symbol of "forbidden appears on the screen and then nothing happens...

tried with 2 thumbdrives and it gets the same error, what may be the problem? thank you

edit: ok, i have seen that maybe it is a problem with my usb 3.0 usb, i am going to try with a usb 2.0 thumbdrive...

Thanks Tony,
i have install El Cap on my GA-Z97X-Gaming 7. Can boot with USB-Stick without anything direkt in the Installer and after the first boot i Install Clover via Multibeast. Anything goes when i not Install Cuda-Driver. Then I have a nice Crash when the PC is booting.
Updating with Clover smart and easy.

Hi everyone, I have a problem with sound (ALC1150) I made direct update to OS X El Capitan (10.11.3) by simply running the Install OS X El Capitan app and then installed drivers from MultiBeast 8.0.1, reboot like always, but sound doesn't appears. How fix it? o_O

Hi everyone, I have a problem with sound (ALC1150) I made direct update to OS X El Capitan (10.11.3) by simply running the Install OS X El Capitan app and then installed drivers from MultiBeast 8.0.1, reboot like always, but sound doesn't appears. How fix it? o_O
Open the System Preference and select the Sound pane. Check all three boxes. Then, click on the Output "tab" and select Internal Speakers. :thumbup:

This assumes you're using the Back Panel "Green" audio out plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back