Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. I was also wondering if this method allows me to simply update with Unibeast 6 from the previous method, as I did when I went from Mavericks to Yosemite. In other words, if I follow this procedure, will it simply overwrite the Yosemite with the Chimera bootloader of the previous Tonymacx86 method and update in the same simple way as before or will this require a full Clover set up?

Also, if I have my previous Yosemite usb install key, can I simply remove Yosemite and the previous version of Unibeast and then drag El Capitan and Unibeast 6.0 over in their place?.......Or will I have to do another format from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

I have no Mouse/keyboard/Usb after boot the usb installer. I can't do the installation.

I also tried to boot my yosemite partition with clover (I use chimera) and usb still not working.

USBBusFix=Yes doesn't works.

Mobo: H55m Ud2h

I am also having the same issue in trying to do a fresh install on a new hard drive. I do know that in the past there have been similar probs in getting mouse and keyboard to work with these older MB's. I've done a search on those solutions and tried to work them into Clover but with no success yet. It's impossible to install OSX without any keyboard or mouse support.

I can get to the El Capitan install screen but cannot do anything else with no input capabilty. I've tried placing the DSTD for my MB downloaded from this website into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched but doesn't make any difference. I tried using the DSTD from my Mavericks install to the same prior Clover directory and still no difference. I am stumped presently.

Tony, is there any way of choosing Legacy USB support in Unibeast like there use to be (I think)? I don't see any options for this. Can you lead me to the proper way of enabling USB Mouse & keyboard support on older MB's.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 with an older i5 750 CPU. Mavericks works awesome on this system, never did an update to Yosemite. I also use a MacBook Pro which obviously updated to El Capitan flawlessly...LOL.

Hoping someone has a solution.

First I must say: Great tutorial!:D

BUT: I am having issues with booting from the USB and I'd be pleased if someone could help me.
At first, the OS X on the USB did not boot, it just restarted while booting.
Then, when I tried to boot with -v, I got the following error:
"P-State Stepper Error 18 At Step 2" and a kernel panic.

I guess it might be the CPU (i5-2500K) that might cause the trouble.
Already set the UEFI Settings of my MoBo (GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, U1D) to the recommended settings of the tutorial;

As I am not so familiar concerning CPU problems, I really look forward to your reply!

Thanks.
himalayaLux :rolleyes:

Missing SSDT file, use the SSDT available in old multibeast or use nullcpuPM.

Is there a way that instead of USB i use some other partition *hard drive* to make bootable installation? cause currently i have 8gb flash drive which dont have enough space for installation ....

After creating the USB drive (Unibeast says it created it successfully), I go to boot from it to install and it says "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel".

This has happened to me, as well. I have a 6-series Gigabyte chipset with UEFI BIOS, so I selected UEFI boot when preparing Unibeast USB. I'll try again with Legacy boot option, I guess.

Thanks Tony!
tracking this thread carefully, having no luck booting, I don't reach installer at all, with my rig so far.
(x99, 5960x, gfx 980 matrix)
In my previous attempts I came little further with Yosemite when I used bootflags, -x -v -f nv_disable=0 ncpi=0x3000 dart=1 kext-dev-mode=1
But I guess it's because my cpu isn't supported yet.

Install went great but cannot get past this once it restarts. Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 738
After creating the USB drive (Unibeast says it created it successfully), I go to boot from it to install and it says "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel".

this happened to me too

Hi, I have i7 26000k, with Intel HD 3000 and GTX 760. Do I need check Intel HD 3000 to best performance or isn,t necessary?

hi guys anyone could help me with this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 17.47.12.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 17.47.12.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 223
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back