Intel i5-4690
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 SSC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
LOL! Yep, stupid question. Thanks for answering anyway.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the great work guys! I finally got El Capitan installed and running smoothly this evening. Just in time for the 10.11.1 update! Go figure!

Might I make small suggestion maybe for this Installation Guide or possibly even the Unibeast and El Capitan Post-Install Tools?

I've noticed that neither of the default Clover config.plist files generated by Unibeast or the two Clover Post-Install Tools have the BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys in the RtVariables section that partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan. I'm not sure how many others here had problems with this, but while I personally could easily boot and install El Capitan for the install media, I couldn't run theClover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg, or the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command, or a number of other pkg installers (including the latest Clover build pkg either) from my fresh El Capitan install on my internal Volume, because of the new System Integrity Protection in El Capitan.

It took a little poking around the site for a solution, which was hardly a headache Although I spent quite some time trying a bunch of other things in a vain attempt to get my system bootable, before striking on a sticky that covered the SIP issue great detail.

It just seems strange to have no mention or default installable solution in 'this' guide. Unless of course there is some other reason that I'm missing?

Anyways, keep up the amazing work! And rocking our socks off!

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
CPU
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It just seems strange to have no mention or default installable solution in 'this' guide. Unless of course there is some other reason that I'm missing?

Who knows, but can you tell me how the h e double hockey sticks can I get my system to boot from my hard drive, instead of my thumb drive, if i unplug my thumb than my system will no longer boot.:crazy:

Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Motherboard
Asus Z97-P
CPU
i3-4360
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Work perfectly on an Acer Aspire X3950 Desktop (followed this guide to the letter, no extra meddling) with MSI 1GB Nvidia GT 210 graphics card + 8GB DDR3 + Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD *except* for Realtek audio (can't be bothered to faff, just used a USB card instead, as this is a stop-gap "Mac" for now).

~ CustoMac Essentials.pkg
~ Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg
~ MacPro3,1 as model in "Clover Configurator" & "Inject Nvidia"

Perrrrfect for a week now without ANY errors or crashing! Updated to 10.11.1 no issues at all, also. Smooth as a hot knife through soft butter!

many thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4
CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Big Thanks to tonymacx86, matt77303 & RehabMan

went from 10.10.5 to 10.11.1 via a clean install, audio and usb 3 working fine on my GA-Z97X-UD5H board.

:headbang:

Motherboard
Asus z97-e
CPU
Xeon e3-1231v3
Graphics
nvidia gtx 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi i want to report that with OS X 10.11.1 the free space required for the unibeast installation now is 7.59GB, i was having problem creating a bootable usb cause i haven't enough space, bye :)

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi i want to report that with OS X 10.11.1 the free space required for the unibeast installation now is 7.59GB, i was having problem creating a bootable usb cause i haven't enough space, bye :)
Thanks for the update, we'll make a note of it in the first post. This is why it's best
to just start with a 16 GB USB. 8 GB will not be enough space with many brands of USB sticks.

Motherboard
MSI X99A GODlike Gaming LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99
CPU
i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the update, we'll make a note of it in the first post. This is why it's best
to just start with a 16 GB USB. 8 GB will not be enough space many brands of USB sticks.

I have also read several posts where people were having issues with 32GB USB keys because it was too large. I think everyone should only be using a 16GB USB key with El Capitan so they don't waste time trying to get their hacintosh working only to have to go back and start all over again (like I did).

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have also read several posts where people were having issues with 32GB USB keys because it was too large. I think everyone should only be using a 16GB USB key with El Capitan so they don't waste time trying to get their hacintosh working only to have to go back and start all over again (like I did).

I've used a Sandisk 32 GB drive and it did work. I do agree that the 16GB is the best choice though.
They don't usually cost more than 6 USD and they will be future proof against the inevitable 8 GB +
OS X installers we'll be using in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.