Discussion in 'El Capitan Desktop Guides' started by tonymacx86, Oct 1, 2015.
I have the same problem. Any solution ?
I have the same problem, tried booting USB3.0 device on USB3.0 drive, ( I have no USB2.0 drives)
From F8 boot menu I get two options from the USB, one booted me straight to windows, other showed the same error as you..
ASUS Z87 Pro motherboard, Inted i7 4770k, with intel HD4600 graphics.
Thanks for this, Tony! I'm getting Kernel panics with the app store upgrade process. If I install El Capitan via Unibeast over a Yosemite install, will it be upgraded or treated as a fresh install? For example, will my hardware UUID be maintained from the Yosemite install or will a new hardware UUID be set up?
This site doesn't have any immediate plans to support OS X El Capitan with Chimera/Chameleon. Though Enoch branch of Chameleon does work with El Capitan, legacy bootloaders really have nothing to offer over Clover. Also when building Enoch from the sources available from the official svn repository has resulted in a nonfunctional bootloader.
Note to X58 users: stay on Yosemite for now- Clover is not working in our testing.
EDIT: Successful X58 config.plist and method here:
When I run unibeast I made the flash drive and when I booted from flash drive I got a white circle and then I tried it on another machine (that can run OS X) and it kernel panicked
I am having the same problem.
UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based
I found that this is due to EvOReboot.kext
I deleted this and I was able to finish booting.
btw I cannot finish booting the installer made by UniBeast. It stuck at Apple logo and progress bar.
I understand that the message is "migrate from Chimera/Chameleon to Clover before upgrading to El Capitan", right?
So if I use Time Machine to backup all my data/apps and install El Capitan from scratch using the tutorial, I can restore all data/apps in the process of instalation. Should this works?
I just installed El Capiton on my PC with this guide. There were some problems I faced and I figured out.
1. You must have USB drive with GUID partition interface. Unless you will get error when you prepare installation on USB using Unibeast.
2. After preparation, you have to delete the HBox... whatever the name, from the /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/ and put the HFSPlus.efi file. That helps you to boot right way.
3. If you stuck on "Missing Bluetooth Transporter", then you will have to download Clover Configurator. Run the Config.plist with this pro and get into Boot which is on the sidebar. On the right side there are some checkboxes. Check the box npci = 0x2000. Note: if you have usb bluetooth dongle that will work without error.
4. If you wanna boot your system directly from your hard disk, you just need use your USB config.plist file. Don't start from nothing.
5. The only helpful thing is read the guide carefully, letter by letter.
Not a problem .... Just out of curiosity thank you
Separate names with a comma.