Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finder/File/Move to Trash or Command + Delete

Did this, deleted kext from backup Extensions repaired permissions and rebooted. Result is a kernel panic. :(

I can boot with my USB installer only and the audio it gives me has constant static.

Edit: I have now fixed KP issues. I can boot without USB. As far as I know, I have uninstalled All VoodooHDA, but I still have audio that is static. I cannot find any trace of VoodooHDA.kext in HackintoshHD/Library/Extensions or anywhere elese. I also cannot find AppleHDA in that folder. So I should have no audio at all, am I right?

My head is full of fck right know. I have no idea how to fix this audio.

I managed to install AppleHDA with "rootless=0" bootflag and kext Wizard. But still I have no audio. Next thing I tried was to patch the AppleHDA kext like the instructions on this post said. It bricked my system and I could only boot with nv_disable=1.

Edit: added some rtVariable -> CsrActiveConfig=0x3 to clover boot config. Reinstalled NVidia WEB drivers. Now I can boot without issue AND I have audio. But the audio again gives constant static and the mic doesn't work. I don't understand, what am I doing wrong here???

I can now patch native AppleHDA.kext with toleda's ALC terminal command, but my my audio ID says "0, not supported". How can I change this? ALC 887 should be supported, right?

After trials and errors, I came to a conclusion that AppleHDA patches do not work. No matter what I tried.

So for my last hooray I tried to install MultiBeast ALC887 drivers. Multibeast installation fails, because it's designed for Yosemite. So I extracted the ALC887 kext file and the HDAenabler1 kext file to my desktop with Pacifist. Then I used kextWizard to install those kexts to SLE. I also installed them into EFI/Clover/Kexts. AND IT WORKED! Not perfectly, but IT WORKED!

I now have audio. It's under internal speakers in system preferences, but it's better than no audio at all. And it's not even crackling/static. Microphone works. Audio input is kinda quiet, but I don't care at this point. IT WORKS!!!

I didn't have usb flash drive and I used usb external hard drive for installation media. Everything went fine until I start installation,because disk utility(and installer) only shows external hard drive,but not see internal hard drive. How to install El Capitan on internal hard drive? By the way clover shows all partitions on my internal hard drive. I have mavericks,windows 8 and linux on internal drive.

EDIT: Resolved, Load Optimized Defaults option in BIOS switched hdd from AHCI to IDE mode.

I had been struggling and I saw your post and thought maybe I found an answer, but this is where I am stuck...I did do what you had said...But this is my problem. The system drive does not show up anymore when I try booting using the Thumb Drive. (Before I do the post install steps it can boot ok) When I take the Thumb Drive out and try to boot using my Hard Drive (After post install steps) I get the Boot Maintenance Manager, but I can't boot anything through there. When I select any of my drives or files it won't load them and I just stay in the Boot Maintenance Manager.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this awesome guide! :clap: installed on my Hackintosh with Clover Legacy mode coz I always aim to dual boot with Windows 10 and it was always easier to me to get it to work with legacy even if my mobo fully supports UEFI or both at same time.
El Capitan 10.11 is all working now including iMessage and FaceTime :headbang:

Im having some random mouse/keyboard freeze when plug a USB stick but only when IGPU is enabled in BIOS, when disabled no issues, but I think thats something done wrong by me on post installation. Still doesn't bother me at all.

I can help anyone there shares my system specs or similar, and if I'm allowed I can also give a link for iMessage & FaceTime fix, very easy and straight forward guide.

EDIT 1: iTunes videos doesn't work.
EDIT 2: No mouse/keyboard freeze anymore and under any condition, I think selecting iMac in system definition helped a lot.
EDIT 3: How silly I was when thinking that another iMessage guide helped me, iMessage is working out of the box after correct install of El Capitan following tonymax guide, I realized that accidentally.

I will take you up on the offer for help with iMessage and FaceTime, thanks !

Which Graphics option should I select for a Graphic Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 970?

sirRookie, for my gtx 970 I type both ''nv_disable=1'' ''GraphicsEnabler=No'' without quotes always before installing nVidia web driver.
after installing drivers ''nvda_drv=1'' without quotes, that should be added to the default boot argues.

bern, my pleasure to help you but I don't know if giving a link will brake the website rules, I'm a new on this forums and have no idea.

if its ok then tell me and ill guide you to the useful link.

Nice. Couple of trouble spots, all worked around.

First was plain strange - used a 128GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB drive ('cause it was handy) - UniBeast wouldn't recognize it. Scrounged up a SanDisk 16GB USB, that one worked fine.

Remainder of steps were fine until it came time to try and boot off the SSD after installing - reboot cycle after a short panic display (vm_page_check_pageable_safe blah blah blah).

Cleared that up by removing all the kexts from my old Yosemite installed under Chimera (delete the /Extra folder, clear kexts installed by MultiBeast into Yosemite, as mentioned in "How to Backup and Remove Chimera and any Related Files" post on this site.

Realized I'd missed the 'Install CustoMac Essentials' step - DOH! Corrected that omission.

Posting now from El Cap.

You guys are awesome (as usual).

DI can now patch native AppleHDA.kext with toleda's ALC terminal command, but my my audio ID says "0, not supported".
Audio ID must be 1, 2 or 3; not 0 as the script notes.
User error, invested a lot of time to get to a place that is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back