1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Z77+ATI HD7750 = black screen

I have a system with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with a videocard from Sapphire model HD7750 ( DVI+JDMI+DP ) .
It was working OK with Yosemite, Clover and Multibeast .
For a test, I build a new Pendrive with Unibeast 6.0 and El Capitan, and the instaler, after star booting OK, the bar runs fine, the monitor blinks and then got full black .
But the system appears to end the booting process fine ...
So, again testing, I changed the video card to my old and trustworthly Radeon 5750, and the instaler boots fine, I run it, the system reboot, post install, OK .
When I put back the 7750, again, back screen after initial boot OK .
This system was working OK with Clover, so, it is the custom made by the new Multibeast the one to blame here ?
If i get the clover from official site, it will work ??

Fábio Rabelo

Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
Core i5 2500k
Graphics
660ti 2gb MSI Power Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hard to know what customac series you fall into, tried searching a bunch but its a bit of a weird search. I've got EUFI but still feel like i might need to be using legacy with my gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / i5 2600k / nvidia 660ti 2gb. Is that true? Been battling all damn night with this :(

Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks to all for their hard work on another great guide.

I initially attempted a direct upgrade to El Capitan on my Clover/Yosemite DevBox system, didn't go well so I opted for the clean install (which I probably should of done in the first place anyway). It was weird, lost the ability to boot anything if the main drive was connected, but was able to toss it in another system and re-partition the drive for the clean install. The unibeast clover install went on without a hitch and zero headaches. Issues I was seeing under Yosemite, such as network instability for large file transfers, etc, all appear to be resolved under El Capitan. All USB ports are acting properly, including the front panel USB3.0 ports (They never did work properly under Yosemite). Everything I've tested so far is working as it should. I'll let this install cook for a while and then make the move to El Capitan on my Hackenstein system.

Once again, thanks to all who worked on this guide and to the developers of Clover!

****EDIT 13-OCT-2015****
After a few days I began experiencing random kernel panics on start and shutdown, tracked down to the native Apple NVidia drivers. Installed the web drivers and all is well again...so far ;)

Chief

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have 10.9.4 running very(!) stable.

Thinking of doing a clean install of El Capitan. Is it in anyway supported by my setup(s)?

Setup 1
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU: Intel i7 2600K
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD6870

Setup 2
MOBO: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe

Motherboard
GA-X99M-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I currently have 10.9.4 running very(!) stable.

Thinking of doing a clean install of El Capitan. Is it in anyway supported by my setup(s)?

Setup 1
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3

Setup 2
MOBO: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
Follow this link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

If you can successfully run both setups booting the test usb, you should be safe doing the upgrade or fresh installs...

Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
INTEL I5-4440
Graphics
MSI GTX 770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i've got a very stable 10.10 Yosemite, i've tried to do a clean install of El Capitan with this installation guide, but when i'm booting on the USB key i can't pass the black screen and apple logo, nothing happened.

I've got a MSI Z97 PC MATE - Intel Core I5.

Someone can tell me why ?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I try to install el capitan but it just keep rebooting i think i need nv_disable=1but i dont know to to do it under clover.
can someone help pls.

Motherboard
GA Z97-DH3
CPU
i5-4670 (Haswell)
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried to follow the general instructions (at page 1), but i got a warning from my antivirus tool !!! :eek:
I use the (free) Avast tool and i got following warnings: Infection Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] :banghead:
This warning pushes up, when i try to download:
- El Capitan Post-Install Tools
- official Clover package (Clover_v2.3k_r3280.zip)
- Clover Configurator (Clover-Configurator.zip)
Other downloads are OK with no warnings.
What is the reason and does anybody else get virus warnings ?

Motherboard
Sabertooth x99
CPU
Intel 5930k
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Unibeast frozen / stops copying files

UPDATE!!!! IT works just wait a while.. I have a very fast machine and it took 20 minutes to get past the 20% mark on the process bar.. so it just appeared to be frozen.

Will try to get El Capitain working ... will update

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 9.53.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 9.53.39 AM.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited: