Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reply.

Do you mean to say "mount" the EFI partition? Clover Configurator does that. It then identifies THREE config.plist files. Which one to edit?
And then.....how to save and overwrite the original? Configurator saves to Documents.

I'm trying to change the SMBIOS to Mac Pro 3,1.

These are exactly the questions I was seeking the answers from my original post. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks for this, Tony! I'm getting Kernel panics with the app store upgrade process. If I install El Capitan via Unibeast over a Yosemite install, will it be upgraded or treated as a fresh install? For example, will my hardware UUID be maintained from the Yosemite install or will a new hardware UUID be set up?

TIA!

Ran into the same issue when booting the Unibeast USB, kernel panics relating to USB drivers. I decided to see if unplugging my USB 3.0 hub would do the trick and sure enough, both the native App Store install and the Unibeast USB booted to the install process. I decided to go with the native app store install since those files were on the SSD I had Yosemite installed on. Upgraded and rebooted into El Capitan, in with a legacy setup no less! Thanks, my captain! :-D

Will post again to see if after the installation booting is still an issue with the USB 3.0 hub.

Hello,
I'm reporting success on a Gigabyte H97N Wifi, i3-4370 Haswell, using the integrated HD4600 graphics.

At first, I had problems booting the installer. The status bar would load to about 80%, then it would hang with garbled Apple logos and an endless pinwheel.

I then followed the Yosemite Clover guide, but replaced all references of "Install OS X Yosemite" file with the El Capitan installer file. I put the kexts in the 10.11 directory. It booted into the installer and completed the first stage of installation, but upon first automatic reboot to complete the installation, it ran into the same hang. The only way I could get beyond this was to set the "Set OS version if not:" setting in the Clover boot screen to "10.11". It was originally set at "10.10.10".

After installation, I booted into El Capitan, did the OS X setup stuff, and all the post installation stuff from the El Capitan guide (Clover, essentials, sound). I can now boot into El Capitan without the USB drive.

Thanks to all for your help!

Ok I have read all 20 pages and its probably just me being thick but I can't get this memory stick to boot the installer. All I get this the stop sign after the clover boot. Any ideas??

After creating the disk, i boot with usb and choose to install el capitan installer, it hangs on white apple and restarts....any solution? (nvidia gtx 970, asus gene vii)

I have the same issue...

here I had success when I used the clover config and set up my smbios and took the intel video inject even not masrcando when creating the pen that came in my config.plist and also modified the files from the drive folder drive efi 64 by the HFS plus

edit 1 i use multibeast yosemite and 100% lan, audio x-fi titaniun gigabyte z68 gtx 970

edit 2 with 970 use nv-disable=1 and clean nv-drv.... and dont use inject graphics ...

after instal drive 970 use only injet graphics .

When i choose Boot Mac OS X from USB, i have apple logo and my PC restart...

And now i can't boot my PC with Yosemite and my backup. Setup bar block at 50%.

Can you help me ?

sorry for my english...

These are exactly the questions I was seeking the answers from my original post. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

The original instructions appear straightforward (edit config.plist with Configurator and save). But it seems more complicated in practice.

The real confusion for me at this point is which of the 3 config.plists need to be edited with a new SMBIOS. I guess you can manually copy and paste the edited file(s) to the correct location.

Hello everyone, I just installed the captain, the method Clover, not Unibeast , all right , only if the USB3 USB2 work but as .
Before installing the Bootloader Clover , I went to About This Mac is if my HDD USB3 USB3 was detected as 5GB and speed , but once installed as Sololo Clover recognized as USB2 and the icon shows as HDD inside.
And will comment some progress .
For the rest, perfect.
A greeting from Spain

Installation through the tutorial worked perfectly on my Sabertooth z77.

However, during and after installation I realized that my keyboard was not working through the rear USB ports. Later, I found that most of the rear USB ports were not working. Neither the keyboard nor my Intuos Pen.
Tried to fix a number of ways, I tried several tutorials for the web and nothing. To return to Yosemite with Chameleon had a horrible job, I took my all day.I had to repartition my drive and recover using the CCC.

I never want to see Clover in front of me again. If I need to use Clover to have the El Captain, I will use Yosemite forever! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back