Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there plans to continue supporting X58, and to provide updates to getting El Capitan running on the platform?

I hope so! Even the I7-9xx can hang with the latest releases-- and our overclocked, X56xx Xeons reliably deliver 18,000-20,000 Geekbench scores.

Are we even able to run clover on such old systems?

I am waiting for a development in this issue, in order to update my DX58SO system.

I have a EX58 UD5 board, and i can get clover to boot after tweaking around a bit and trying another usb keyboard. with my usual usb keyboard i can't select anything on the boot screen.

However, the bootup of the installer hangs with a KP at "com.apple.driver.usbuhcipci 1.0.1"

I imagine that's where some of the X58 boards hang up, on USB related stuff.

I can't find anything with USB UHCI related on the net, and i'm too new with Clover to know what i'm doing with the Clover configurator.

First tried to update my 10.10.5 Chimera-install. El Capitan installer seemingly completed correctly, but when I booted back into Clover from USB, my boot drive was not visible in the list of drives.

I then instead tried to do a clean install, which worked flawlessly. Didn't even have to install Nvidia drivers it seems. Doing a Time Machine user-restore over wifi now, will hard-test it after that!

Helpful tips:
I just installed El Capiton on my PC with this guide. There were some problems I faced and I figured out.
1. You must have USB drive with GUID partition interface. Unless you will get error when you prepare installation on USB using Unibeast.
2. After preparation, you have to delete the HBox... whatever the name, from the /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/ and put the HFSPlus.efi file. That helps you to boot right way.
3. If you stuck on "Missing Bluetooth Transporter", then you will have to download Clover Configurator. Run the Config.plist with this pro and get into Boot which is on the sidebar. On the right side there are some checkboxes. Check the box npci = 0x2000. Note: if you have usb bluetooth dongle that will work without error.
4. If you wanna boot your system directly from your hard disk, you just need use your USB config.plist file. Don't start from nothing.
5. The only helpful thing is read the guide carefully, letter by letter.

npci = 0x2000 worked for me. I used to manually added when booting with chameleon boot-loader, but here you have to use this Clover Configuration thing as you can't add the option during boot!

I also added the NullCPUPowerManagement Kext to the Kexts folder inside /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts at the same time, so you never know!

All I see now is a rainbow mouse pointer rolling, nothing started up to 2 minutes now, wish me luck!

I've had succes with Unibeast/Chimera and Yosemite with flags "v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0"

I created the installation USB with the new Unibeast but I get stuck in either verbose and safemode with the new Clover bootlaader.

Does anyone know what I can do about this? Thanks in advance

http://postimg.org/image/z0xwwhi7h/

Attachments

• IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 182
I have successfully installed OS X El Capitan in my SSD but the problem is that it shows only 4MB in "Graphics" section of "About This Mac". If I install OS X El Capitan using my Nvidia Geforce 520 GT GPU, installation is successful but after restart from installation USB and booting into OS X El Capitan installed drive I will stuck with a grey background and mouse cursor and looping cycle progress bar.
Please help me out to sort out this problem?

Thank You

8. Download and open Clover Configurator
9. Your config.plist should auto-mount. If not, choose Mount EFI Partition.
10. Select SMBIOS tab
11. Press Magic Wand Icon
12. Choose a System Definition from the list. Then choose a version of the system from the dropdown. This will auto-populate your config.plist with appropriate SMBIOS information including a unique serial number. If you're unsure what to choose, Mac Pro 3,1 will work for most desktop systems.
13. (Optional) If you configured graphics for the UniBeast installation, open GUI tab and select Inject NVIDIA or Inject ATI.
14. Save and close Clover Configurator.

Awseome guide as usual Tony. Just a couple of questions regarding the steps quoted above. First of all, the Mac Pro 3,1 isn't one of my options whether I choose iMac, MacBook, Mini, Air, etc....

Also, step 14 says to "Save". But save where? When I choose the save options, it wants to save in Documents which I don't believe is the right location. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hey guys i need your help plz.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 116
Hi !

Everything is fine about the Mac OS X El Capitan installation on my GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.0 + Core i5 3570k

Things are becoming tricky with the post installation part. I followed the steps, including the installation of the essential kext with CustoMac Essentials.pkg but i can't connect to the internet : network preferences does't show any ethernet port.

I tried to put this kexts in the EFI volume (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11), but it still doesn't work.

What did i miss ?

Thank you for your work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back