Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
the USB mouse out of work after update the osx 10.10 to 10.11, and the keyboard also doesn't work after system wake up.

Upgrading from Mavericks to El C I have lost ability to get past boat loader.

Following instructions - installed El C on top of my SSD with Mavericks on it. Install completes, restart and choose from USB.

Now I have no ability to get past any of the Multibeast loaders booting either from SSD or USB, says - '/mach_kernel' not found.
Trying to boot from Clover partitions gets to the loader but never starts even after progress bar fills up.
Current boot options (without USB) look like:
UEFI: SSD
UEFI OS: HD <-clover load doesnt work after progress bar fills up
Mac OS X <- this opens loader but gives mach kernel
P0: SSD - tonymac loader cant find mach kernel
P1: HD

Cannot get the USB to work.

What do I do from here?

I dont have a mach_kernel in my chamelon.plist so the advice to remove that doesnt work. I dont seem to have a System/Library/Kernels folder either so Im not sure how that can be in El C.

Upgrading from Mavericks to El C I have lost ability to get past boat loader.

Following instructions - installed El C on top of my SSD with Mavericks on it. Install completes, restart and choose from USB.

Now I have no ability to get past any of the Multibeast loaders booting either from SSD or USB, says - '/mach_kernel' not found.
Trying to boot from Clover partitions gets to the loader but never starts even after progress bar fills up.
Current boot options (without USB) look like:
UEFI: SSD
UEFI OS: HD <-clover load doesnt work after progress bar fills up
Mac OS X <- this opens loader but gives mach kernel
P0: SSD - tonymac loader cant find mach kernel
P1: HD

Cannot get the USB to work.

What do I do from here?

I dont have a mach_kernel in my chamelon.plist so the advice to remove that doesnt work. I dont seem to have a System/Library/Kernels folder either so Im not sure how that can be in El C.

Please update your personal details and fill in your hardware specs to get better support in the future.
When you have an UEFI BIOS, use Clover bootloader instead of Chameleon.

Choose this entry in the menu, press space and select 'Boot xxx in verbose mode'. This will give a lot more information than the progress bar filling up slowly. Attach a photo if possible.

After following these steps (and a guide for my motherboard), I have done about 3 fresh installs, and tried the solutions available, but I still can't manage to boot without my USB plugged in. It just says something like "Please connect a drive to boot and restart". El Capitan runs fine (except for audio as of now) but still, it's not bootable without the usb.. I've used the correct build in multibeast for my motherboard, I've tried the alternative post-installation steps.. Nothing fixes the issue.. I know that I'm not providing any useful information here, but if someone could guide me through the troubleshooting I'd be very grateful.
Thank you in advance

Edit: I'm using an UEFI installation. When opening Clover Configurator an alert shows up saying; "config.plist not found! I can't find a config file. Do you want mount EFI partition?". Don't really know what to do with this information though. I've tried some google searches but nothing seems to educate me enough..

I'm trying to get El Capitan working. I can boot into it but still have no sound, sleep, etc. There is something going on with Clover and where it is choosing its boot and options that I cant seem to get it to recognize options that I have set in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
Looking at the boot.log it seems to just pick a boot.efi from another location off the HD.

= [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
0:890 0:000 - found entry 0. 'Boot macOS from Mavericks', Volume 'Mavericks', DevicePath 'PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,4232DCAE-FC0A-4E1F-8C16-2EEB570B1992,0x64028,0xECE2340)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efii'

I need things to try to start recognizing the boot and options that I want, not this older version that it is choosing and running. I'm making changes to the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist which it does look for first, how do I get to stick with it?

Edit: I have attached the clover-gen config file. I have no idea when/how all these things got set.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    32 KB · Views: 115
  • configGen.plist
    13.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I am working from the assumption that my config.plist file is corrupted somehow and causing the break. Working on creating a new one.

I am working from the assumption that my config.plist file is corrupted somehow and causing the break. Working on creating a new one.
plutil config.plist
To see if config is corrupted. In terminal OFC.

Well there was an error w nonkey in this dict so I deleted it and started up but still seems to be the same. I dont think it's relevant to my overall issue as I had made another config.plist without those lines.
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>

Upgrading should have been easy but I got lost along the way. Id like to take control of whatever the hell it is I'm booting.
I am trying all these fixes for audio and sleep which may be pointless as I'm not even sure if they're having an effect on the intended boot. When I load macos recovery it says it cant even find my sparsebundle so I want to make this work without having to do a fresh.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 175
  • config.plist
    2.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back