Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or on the contrary, is there a distinction to be made between "real" Clover users and "Unibeast/Multibeast Clover users" ?
Well, since UniBeast & MultiBeast uses/installs Clover, you are using "real" Clover. So, what's the difference?

UniBeast & MultiBeast just make it easier to install OS X (macOS) easier.

Well, since UniBeast & MultiBeast uses/installs Clover, you are using "real" Clover. So, what's the difference?

UniBeast & MultiBeast just make it easier to install OS X (macOS) easier.

Thanks for answering.

Well, just to be clear, using UniBeast and MultiBeast installs Clover, yes. However, there is no step where you actually run Clover's installer, and mount the EFI partition to do things... As the process seemed different, I wondered if the result was same as having installed Clover manually.

Which links to the question of my previous post, next time I want to update OS, I just need to go for the "Direct Update guide" despite I installed Clover through UniBeast/MultiBeast ? Is that correct ?

Now that Sierra is out the App Store is not letting me download El Capitan. Is there another place I can go to get it?

I'm currently in the process of doing USB boot drive setup for my first CustoMac, and I had a question regarding the El Capitan versions. I've seen a number of guides that mention downloading version 10.11.4+ specifically, however the App Store page for El Capitan doesn't seem to include any information on which version is being downloaded. Would it be okay to download the combo update for 10.11.6 directly from the Apple support forums (here)?

I'm currently in the process of doing USB boot drive setup for my first CustoMac, and I had a question regarding the El Capitan versions. I've seen a number of guides that mention downloading version 10.11.4+ specifically, however the App Store page for El Capitan doesn't seem to include any information on which version is being downloaded. Would it be okay to download the combo update for 10.11.6 directly from the Apple support forums (here)?
No, that's the 10.11.6 Combo Update which updates 10.11.0-5. You'll need to download the complete installer. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886 and scroll down to "How to get El Capitan."

No, that's the 10.11.6 Combo Update which updates 10.11.0-5. You'll need to download the complete installer. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886 and scroll down to "How to get El Capitan."

Ah, gotcha.

I guess my confusion came after reading the instructions for downloading the installer in ammulder's guide where he says to
"Download OS X El Capitan (10.11.4 or higher)". Is it possible to download an 'all-in-one' installer for a specific version of El Capitan from the App Store, or does this imply that you are meant to update El Capitan to version 10.11.4+ after successfully installing a fresh copy of El Capitan on a CustoMac?

My first Mackintosh Installation and it´s working fine :headbang:. One sleepless night is no deal :oops:.
Thanks for the instructions and the tools.

Ah, gotcha.

I guess my confusion came after reading the instructions for downloading the installer in ammulder's guide where he says to
"Download OS X El Capitan (10.11.4 or higher)". Is it possible to download an 'all-in-one' installer for a specific version of El Capitan from the App Store, or does this imply that you are meant to update El Capitan to version 10.11.4+ after successfully installing a fresh copy of El Capitan on a CustoMac?
The only version of El Capitan from the MAS (through the link I gave you above) is version 10.11.6 which is the most up to date version.

The only version of El Capitan from the MAS (through the link I gave you above) is version 10.11.6 which is the most up to date version.

Awesome, that's what I was starting to suspect, so thank you for clearing that up for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back