Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE No Experience to do this : ) How do I know which to choose here? UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode?

RE No Experience to do this : ) How do I know which to choose here? UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

If you have a UEFI BIOS then use UEFI mode.

If using a discrete GPU (GTX 980), should I disable internal graphics in BIOS? I'm on a Z77-DS3H rev. 1.0 and BIOS f11a. I have Init. Display set to PEG and Intel graphics disabled, but get kernel panics when I boot with GPUsensors.kext.

Hello guys! I have a strange problem with this guide!
I have been able to follow along all steps, but in the booting step, after creating a bootable USB, im stuck! My PC(Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard) just doesnt load the bootable USB. After i choose to boot from it, it just skips to Windows!
I am really stuck in here guys as this is my first ever Hackintosh build and i am afraid of this process!

Some help is greatly appreciated!

Impossible to answer with certainty without knowing your hardware.

Please read, understand and, most of all, follow the rules, especially the one about your hardware and profile.

Impossible to answer with certainty without knowing your hardware.

Please read, understand and, most of all, follow the rules, especially the one about your hardware and profile.
Sorry, I was not aware I was breaking any rules - I kept getting character limits on creating my sys profile hopefully I've done this correctly now but don't see it showing up as I post.

hey, i'm just following this tutorial but the bootable wont boot into 100 series motherboard, any sugestion ??
change option from legacy to uefi still did not work..

Sorry, I was not aware I was breaking any rules - I kept getting character limits on creating my sys profile hopefully I've done this correctly now but don't see it showing up as I post.
With Skylake hardware you want to use UEFI mode.

If you have a UEFI BIOS then use UEFI mode.
With Skylake hardware you want to use UEFI mode.
Thanks, that is what I ended up using. I have el Capitan up an running, but still have issues unresolved and reading through all the threads trying to find the answers. I can't seem to get the system to boot on it's own, only via the USB Clover options, can't get the drivers for the Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX Windforce working, have the device manager working and loaded latest web drivers, but still no options for display, and lastly audio is still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back