CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

I would really like to use OS X as my daily driver, since I don't have the money to buy a Mac I would like to install it on my HP Prodesk Mini 600 G1, Intel i3-4330T (3,0Ghz), Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1GB), 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD. I have 2 friends who have a Mac so they are able to download El Capitain for me.
I've used Linux for a while but it is a pain in the.. Back to Windows 10 now but I really like OS X more since I use it a lot with my friends. I understand the process of installing OS X quite well but I don't get the BIOS part, I have a ''old style looking'' BIOS and I don't understand how I set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and my hard drive to AHCI mode. The BIOS on the picture looks a lot different, newer, more options. Hope you guys can help me out and even let me know if my PC is compatible.

Cheers.

If it's prebuilt the odds are against you, but your comment tells me you're probably not up to trying to work around that. Never mind the BIOS, see whether you can boot into the OS X installer using a UniBeast USB. If not, maybe stick with Windows.

Motherboard
AsRock Z490
CPU
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Yesterday I visited a friends house and finally managed to create a bootable usb drive. At home, I disconnected my two windows 10 drives ( 1 ssd 1 hdd) and connected my new SSD which I'm planning on using just for oSX. First I got stuck in the apple logo but I found a guide here for z170 mobo with some bios settings. After applying those, I tried again but after getting past the logo my pc restarted.

I found a lot of threads about this issue but no solution.

Btw my endgoal is having dualboot wich one SSD for each OS and the extra hdd for media storage

CPU
Intel i3-4330T
Graphics
Intel Graphics 4000
If it's prebuilt the odds are against you, but your comment tells me you're probably not up to trying to work around that. Never mind the BIOS, see whether you can boot into the OS X installer using a
UniBeast USB. If not, maybe stick with Windows.

First, thanks for responding! Yes unfortunately my Mini PC is prebuilt, I can insert better RAM (16GB) and I'm able to purchase a new EVO 750 250gb SSD for €50,-
How would El Capitain run on my PC, specs wise, could you give me an indication if that's even possible?
I already understand the installation process fully, already asked about the bios before looking into it properly hehe. It's clear now.

So after booting from the USB key, I got the apple loading screen, but at about halfway through loading I suddenly get this screen -attached- (constantly transitioning between the two images).

I also noticed the wifi disabling and re-enabling insync with the image transitions.

If someone has any suggestions please let me know...I just had my MacBook stolen and a friend has lent me his laptop to complete my project.
Thanks

HP 1966 (U3E1) | i7-4700MQ | geforce gt 740m 2gb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First, thanks for responding! Yes unfortunately my Mini PC is prebuilt, I can insert better RAM (16GB) and I'm able to purchase a new EVO 750 250gb SSD for €50,-
How would El Capitain run on my PC, specs wise, could you give me an indication if that's even possible?
I already understand the installation process fully, already asked about the bios before looking into it properly hehe. It's clear now.

Storage won't save you, and your RAM is likely fine anyway. I don't know how it's likely to run, I did a quick google and it looks like your graphics are supported. All you can really do is try it. Make an install USB, run it. You can't break anything that way, and if it doesn't boot you likely have your answer.

Motherboard
rh
CPU
fh
Graphics
so i did this and it takes FOREVER to load it gets stuck at copying files

Motherboard
Gigabyte h55m-usb3
CPU
X3440
Graphics
R9 270X
Since first post suggest using clover i should skip step 5 after installation and do 6 instead?

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
PRIME Z490-A
CPU
i5 10600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since first post suggest using clover i should skip step 5 after installation and do 6 instead?

MultiBeast for El Capitan uses Clover as the default bootloader.

Motherboard
ios
CPU
core 2 duo
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a HD Graphics 4600.Can I help to install the driver i OS X CAPITAN?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.