Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might've been upon by another user, but I can't--for the life of me--to find a solution to my problem: not seeing my internal hard drive on the disk utility screen of the apple installer. All that I see is my USB Stick's external hard drive, nothing else--which is odd because I've allocated about 50gb of my main internal hard drive space for OS X. Anyone care to chime in? (Also, for what it's worth, I've already set my bios settings to the recommended settings prior to installing OS X, like turning Hard Drive settings to AHCI and etc)

Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot of these posts and can't seem to easily find someone who is having the same issue as me. I am trying to figure out why it won't give me the option to choose my SSD as an install location. It only allows me to choose the USB I am using as the bootable disc, and then when I did choose it just to see what happens, it obviously wouldn't let me.

I would love if anyone could explain to me what I need to do in order for it to be possible to install on my SSD. The BIOS recognizes the SSD, so it is not a problem of the motherboard recognizing it. I was originally not able to get the Apple logo to load all the way without seeing code logs pop up and the system restarting. I fixed that by adding "-x" to the boot arguments under options from the clover installer.

Now I can get to the El Capitan installer and everything works fine, until I have to choose a hard drive location. My SATA configuration is set to AHCI so that is not a problem either.

Hey!
I'm having the same issues with my current Hackintosh Installation. Everything works, but I'm unable to see my SSD to install OS X onto when I'm on the Disk Utility section of the Apple Installer. I'm only seeing my USB Stick, which--like you said--isn't able to install OS X onto. I noticed that you reformatted your SSD to get things working, but what did you mean by refomatting your SSD? Did you mean a complete reformat of the SSD itself (i.e. you completely wiped everything off of it) or did you create a new partition space on your SSD?

Hey!
I'm having the same issues with my current Hackintosh Installation. Everything works, but I'm unable to see my SSD to install OS X onto when I'm on the Disk Utility section of the Apple Installer. I'm only seeing my USB Stick, which--like you said--isn't able to install OS X onto. I noticed that you reformatted your SSD to get things working, but what did you mean by refomatting your SSD? Did you mean a complete reformat of the SSD itself (i.e. you completely wiped everything off of it) or did you create a new partition space on your SSD?
At the installer screen have you used Disk Utility to format the partition you want to use for OS X?
If you are installing on a laptop and having problems you should post in the laptop forum - this is desktop support forum.

Hello everybody,

I downloaded the OS X El Capital Install.app via a friend's MacBook Pro, but I just have it on file as it is. I didn't make a bootable drive on his Mac, didn't have time.

Is there a way to make a bootable drive out of this file on Windows 10?

Thank you!

We do not support that method on this Forum per the Forum's Rules. See if you can created the UniBeast installation thumb drive on your friend's MBP or another friend's Mac, school or library Mac/iMac.

I've a Question:

I'm waiting for the release of new Web Nvidia drivers for my 1070 GTX.
I remember HPET was essential to make the Mac.

With Skylake still it needs to be enabled the HPET in the BIOS, or I can leave it disabled?

Thanks so much!

I've a Question:

I'm waiting for the release of new Web Nvidia drivers for my 1070 GTX.
I remember HPET was essential to make the Mac.

With Skylake still it needs to be enabled the HPET in the BIOS, or I can leave it disabled?

Thanks so much!
HPET must be enabled 64 bit to install/run OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back