Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Remember, don't use your friend's account to download macOS, but use your friend's Mac to created your own Mac App Store account, download macOS and create the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive on that Mac/hack.

Just to make sure I got that correct. What I need to do is logout from his main apple/icloud account from his mac, use his mac to create a new apple/icloud account, log in with the newly created account and download sierra with this new acc? is that what you meant?

As for the getting a mac suggestions, unfortunately over here in my country schools do not use macs nor any of my friends own one. My girl has a macbook air though but has no space since it has a 128gb ssd only, I'll see if I can get her to delete/move some of her stuff to make room for mine. Do you happen to know how big the sierra file i need to download is?

To everyone else who replied, thank you very much for the info!

As for the getting a mac suggestions, unfortunately over here in my country schools do not use macs nor any of my friends own one. My girl has a macbook air though but has no space since it has a 128gb ssd only, I'll see if I can get her to delete/move some of her stuff to make room for mine. Do you happen to know how big the sierra file i need to download is?

To everyone else who replied, thank you very much for the info!

You will want at least 6GB of free space for Sierra, the more the better. You'll need to create your Unibeast installer on the Macbook as well so that requires space too. How old is the Macbook air ? If it's older than 2010 then it may not be eligible for a Sierra update. As far as clearing space, get CCleaner for Mac, it's free. Use that to clean up duplicate and temp files first. You can also use monolingual to remove language packs not in use. Edit: checked CCleaner and it too can remove language packs. It's under the Options tab on the side bar.

Last edited:
Just to make sure I got that correct. What I need to do is logout from his main apple/icloud account from his mac, use his mac to create a new apple/icloud account, log in with the newly created account and download sierra with this new acc? is that what you meant?
Yes, then logout when you're through downloading Sierra. From below, tell your girlfriend to login after you're through making the UniBeast InstallationUSB thumb drive. BTW, be sure to tell her to delete the Sierra installation app after you've got your installation running or take it with you on another, fresh USB thumb drive.

According to the Mac App Store, it's 4.95GB. I can confirm that's what it is on my hacks, too.

You will need at least 6GB of free space for Sierra, the more the better. You'll need to create your Unibeast installer on the Macbook as well so that requires space too. How old is the Macbook air ? If it's older than 2010 then it may not be eligible for a Sierra update. As far as clearing space, get CCleaner for Mac, it's free. Use that to clean up duplicate and temp files first. You can also use monolingual to remove language packs not in use.

Yes, then logout when you're through downloading Sierra. From below, tell your girlfriend to login after you're through making the UniBeast InstallationUSB thumb drive. BTW, be sure to tell her to delete the Sierra installation app after you've got your installation running or take it with you on another, fresh USB thumb drive.

According to the Mac App Store, it's 4.95GB. I can confirm that's what it is on my hacks, too.

Gotcha. Thanks both of you!

I have an intel 600p m.2 nvme drive as my boot drive, will I have to perform anything else or following this guide to the letter will be just fine? I dunno where but I read somewhere that nvme or m.2 ssds are not natively supported.

Hard disk not shown in bootloader screen after reboot of successful installation of Sierra.

Hi,

Tried following this guide to do a fresh install of Sierra. Could boot from USB and install Sierra successfully. Restarts into Clover bootloader screen but my hard disk - where I have installed Sierra - is not shown in the hard disk list. There are no other hard disks or any other connections to the desktop.

My build is GA-X58A-UD3R (Ver 2.0), Firmware FH (latest) with 2 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8 GB RAM sticks (total 16 GB), AMD Radeon HD 5700, Samsung 1TB HD.

The version of the Unibeast 7.1.1.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advace.

Hard disk not shown in bootloader screen after reboot of successful installation of Sierra.

Hi,

Tried following this guide to do a fresh install of Sierra. Could boot from USB and install Sierra successfully. Restarts into Clover bootloader screen but my hard disk - where I have installed Sierra - is not shown in the hard disk list. There are no other hard disks or any other connections to the desktop.

My build is GA-X58A-UD3R (Ver 2.0), Firmware FH (latest) with 2 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8 GB RAM sticks (total 16 GB), AMD Radeon HD 5700, Samsung 1TB HD.

The version of the Unibeast 7.1.1.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advace.
this isn't a help thread, please create a new thread

Hello, i have a msi z170 gaming m5 with i7 6700k ... gpu gtx 1060..which setting i recommend..or still can you post me? thank you

I have a USB dongle D-LINK DWA-131 and i don't know how to get it work on Sierra 10.11.3.

It was working on the previous version El Capitan

Back